“Good”

Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
knoxville
“Good”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

I had gotten a Groupon for this place because my husband loves Indian food. We went on a Sunday evening and it wasn't busy at all. The menu is quite extensive--lots to look over and choose. They brought out something very similar to a potato chip but much larger. They also had mint and onion chutney to place on the "chip." I got cheese fritters that came with a sweet and sour sauce, it was good. My husband got the House Specialty that came with a variety of foods. He had a lentil soup that he felt was okay but not great. For entrees he had Lamb Rogan Josh, Vegetable Korma, Chicken Tandoori, rice, and pita bread. He thought the Lamb and Vegetable dishes were very good. The chicken didn't seem to have much flavor but when dipped in the sweet and sour sauce it was better. Overall my husband was quite pleased with his meal.

• Visited March 2014

Greeneville, Tennessee
“Wonderful food - nice portions - pleasant staff... not to miss !”
Reviewed February 18, 2014

We were looking for some place different to eat and these comments made me want to give it a try. Am I glad we did ! Portions are generous - the selection of Indian foods is substantial... I can recommend the Lamb Biragui, Chicken Tika Masal and Sag Paueer (but I liked especially the cucumbers with yogurt) and the staff is helpful with recommendations and service . Located in a strip mall just off I-40/75 but don't that that let turn you off - nicely decorated inside, plenty of parking.

• Visited February 2014
Rising Sun, Maryland
“Great service, great food”
Reviewed February 9, 2014

I am not a huge fan of Indian food but a few more visits to this place might convert me. The staff is great. They're open and honest about the food. They told us we might not like some of the really spicy items and suggested we try some of the milder stuff first. Extra rice and refills were frequent and we didnt have to ask. There are a lot of items on the menu so everyone can find something.

• Visited February 2014
Knoxville
“Great Change of Pace”
Reviewed February 7, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I have eaten here a few times and continue to enjoy it. The food is consistently good (I like the chicken kebabs, he likes lamb) and the waitstaff are fantastic. Prices are more than reasonable, especially considering the portion sizes. They even threw in a complimentary scoop of ice cream for us. We will certainly be back.

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good, but a little impersonal”
Reviewed January 24, 2014

I had a coupon so I wanted to try this place as there are now 4 Indian restaurants in Knoxville. The point of a coupon is to try out a place and see if you want to return. I wasn't sure the waiter understood this business point. I followed the rules of the coupon which says no buffet. I ordered off the menu and wanted to show my American friend from out of town a variety of Indian foods. We have small appetites and we knew this is all the food we would need without wasting any.
When I ordered an appetizer sampler and a main entrée, we were told we were not allowed to share because of our coupon.
First of all, Indians ALWAYS share at meal times. This is part of the communal dining table for Indians. Second, the coupon did not state we needed to order 1 entrée per person. When I pointed this out, the waiter did not seem to care, but wanted to enforce an unwritten rule. If this stipulation was in print, I would have gladly complied, but it wasn't and he would not bend. We stayed because my friend really wanted Indian food. I am not sure if I would return if this is how a guest is treated.

• Visited January 2014