“Really good flatbread with some unusual but good toppings”

1204 Central Flats & Taps
Ranked #160 of 1,219 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Description: Central Flats & Taps is a not your typical restaurant and bar. Featuring Flats (our take on naan bread pizza) and Taps (30 different beers on tap) as the staple the restaurant. Central Flats & Taps also offers fresh salads, baked wings, grilled paninis and more. We promise that our food is fresh, as there is not even a freezer on the premises for frozen food. Thirsty? Then try one of our 30 beers on tap. One is sure to find a beer they like on draft and they are continuously rotating to offer the latest seasonal and small batch beers, as well. Is beer not you're thing? Well let the bartenders make you one our signature drinks or just tell them what you like and they will create a cocktail catering to your desires. While you are at Central Flats & Taps dine on our award nominated patio on beautiful days and nights. A great place to have a meal or unwind with a drink. Cheers!!!
Reviewed August 4, 2014

We came here for a later dinner and the place was busy, but we got a table after a reasonable wait while having a beer at the bar.
I had The Varsity. At first, I wasn't going to because of the sauerkraut, but I like to try things that are different and it was a big winner. Everything about it was good from the bread to the toppings and sauce.
Interesting place with a mixed crowd and good beer choices.
I'd recommend this place to anyone.

Reviewed August 1, 2014

I have been stopping by now and then, but Thursday night showed what an upcoming area Happy Holler in Knoxville is, and Central Flats and Taps is representative of that. At first, I thought it was too crowded - not at all, it was a group of runners who gathered there first, went on to run through the streets of North Knoxville, and met back there for food and drink. While they were doing that, my partner and I enjoyed a starter and wings on the patio, while I enjoyed one of the city's best Long Island Iced Teas. While doing that, a local bluegrass band, the Knoxville Ramblers, kept us well entertained.

I recommend this restaurant with one caveat: not the best place for kids. A very small kid menu but our problem has been when we've gone with our 13-year-old son, who tends to be picky. The flats are not "kid-friendly" pizzas. There is nothing wrong with the food - I happen to be fond of their "East of Cali" panini, but children of a certain age might not like them.

Oh, and during sports seasons - they're crazy busy. Avoid weekends and go soak up the funky vibe during the week. Listen for the bell tower of nearby Holy Ghost Church to chime each quarter hour.

1  Thank SARicher
Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The food is really good and the atmosphere is nice! Their pizza and flat bread appetizers are yummy! Nice selection of beer also and they carry Saw Works!

1  Thank Rick L
Reviewed May 21, 2014 via mobile

Visited on a slow Tuesday night. There was an eclectic mix of patrons in this local hang out. The service was fast and friendly and food was good. We shared a panini and a flat that were hot fresh and tasty. The menu is limited but done well. Excellent selection of craft beers.

Reviewed May 6, 2014

Our book club met there on a beautiful afternoon in March and opted to sit outside on the patio. We ordered a variety of flatbread pizzas and beer. Great conversation, great sharing of food, great weather, great beer, great service.
One of us comes here with her dog every weekend after a run; patio seating is perfect.
Will go back to get some more flatbread pizza.
Parking is easy -- it is behind the restaurant.