“Below average”

Good for: Families with children, Kids
TN
“Below average”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Went to Gavinos and was disappointed. The pizza was so so and the salads were just average. When we arrived we were told they were out of garlic knots and then later were told they could make some so we said OK. When they arrived they were basically store brand biscuits slightly burned and sprinkled with a little butter and chopped garlic - they were gross.

• Visited January 2013
3 Thank TN-Worm

Seymour, Tennessee
“Disappointing quality and value”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

The pizza is great but just not worth the price. You can only get a 18" or slices. The 18" just cheese, no toppings, is $16. That is enough money to cover their homemade sauce and cheese. The turn-off, the insult, is that for $3.50 a topping ($6 for 2 toppings), you get THREE PIECES of a topping per slice. Seriously? The place is never busy, and service is still slow. Our waitress was never around. We won't be back. Oh and they have a mirror running along the whole wall so you get to watch yourself eat....how appealing.

• Visited March 2013
4 Thank 3D0Gnight
Knoxville, Tennessee
“5 star food”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Best New York Pizza in Knoxille. Great scratch made Italian food as well. The service can be hit and miss, though. But, once the food comes out, it is really worth it! Great Tiramisu!

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Johnny K
“I really wanted to love it...”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Food was delicious! I enjoyed that part of my 2nd Gavino's experience.
I waited tables for years when I was younger. Several different establishments with a variety of patrons. I am a very patient customer--to a fault, even. My service tonight was terrible. Two of our orders came out 15 minutes after the pizza with no explanation (or contact, for that matter) from the waitress. She never offered a drink refill to any at my table. She asked once (10 min after the entrees arrived, 25 minutes after the pizza arrived) if everything was ok. Two items we ordered were not available, something we learned as she handed us a replacement without consulting us to see if the replacement would be suitable.
The food is good, very good. I felt the prices were slightly steep on my 1st visit but after dining there I was willing to pay them on a return visit. After tonight's experience I won't be going back. There are other local restaurants, Italian and otherwise, that I will support.

2 Thank FormerWaitress99
“Best Italian- like being back in Jersey!”
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

For anyone missing REAL pizza in K'ville this is the place. Great Italian dishes too-try the manicoti and the shrimp and scallops in brandy sauce. To die for!

1 Thank mespicee