All reviews bath and body works toiletries front desk cinnamon rolls turkey sausage whole foods waffle house hot and cold items around midnight business trip clean rooms convenient location excellent stay fitness center would definitely stay here again living room staff was very friendly breakfast was delicious
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2019 via mobile

The hotel was clean and comfortable. Around midnight we were playing cards in the lobby and another group was talking in the sitting area. The desk clerk informed us he was turning the lights off in the area where we were sitting. He said it was for security purposes and we could stay if we like. He also turned off volume for the TV. I thought it was rude we were not making any noise just talking quietly among ourselves. We packed up our cards and sat for a while and talked, but we were disappointed that we couldn't finish our card game.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank momguhba
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2019

Hello momguhba,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Holiday Inn Express Knoxville West - Papermill Dr, TN. I appreciate your nice comment about cleanliness and comfort.

On behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the light-out policy of the lobby and the front desk service. It is not our intention to inconvenience you. I have shared your comment to the hotel's management for review and for service improvement. I hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando

Reviewed May 20, 2019

I use a white noise machine when I travel and with the air conditioner fan cranked up as high as it would go I still heard the constant interstate traffic all night. Since this is a common complaint at this hotel, they need to invest in some noise dampening curtains for those rooms facing the front.

Other that the noise, everything was very nice.

Room tip: Get a room in the back
Date of stay: May 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 25, 2019 via mobile

Clean hotel room. Good, typical Holiday Inn Express breakfast that helped get the day started. We were on the interstate highway side and it was VERY noisy. Without earplugs I would not have been able to sleep at all.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2019

Hi dianao232,

Thank you for choosing us and for posting a review of your stay. Brilliant, basics and a little more where it matters most for our guest is what we aim to provide and I'm thrilled that you found our breakfast options and that upkeep of the room up to standards.

I am sorry to learn though, that your stay was not a complete success with the noise disturbances you encountered. Your comments were discussed at length with our hotel management as a reference in the future enhancements of our soundproofing.

I appreciate you letting us know and I hope to welcome you back soon!

All my thanks,

Jonathan A

Reviewed March 30, 2019 via mobile

Stayed here based on high ratings. Nice hotel, lousy location, as there are actively used train tracks about two blocks away. If you stay here, set your room fan to "always on" to minimize outside noises.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2019

Hi there, JeffryPaul!

Thanks for choosing Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr for your lodging needs and for leaving us feedback.

I know that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel due to the outside noise disturbance. We've been trying to provide loyal guests like you with comfy and memorable accommodations. Clearly, not the vacation that we want you to experience. Your feedback is very important to us and I want to assure you that this will be shared with the hotel's management to further improve our facility and the service we provide.

Again, thank you for visiting us and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

All the best,

Peter J.

Reviewed March 13, 2019 via mobile

Was just here a night on my way south...clean, comfortable and accommodating...loved the Bath and Body Works toiletries and breakfast selection! On my way back, the hotel was full but Danielle at the front desk helped me find a room at an Express just north...thanks Danielle!

Date of stay: February 2019