Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr
$90
Comfort Suites North(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
$72
$104
  • Pool
$129
  • Restaurant
Best Western Plus Cedar Bluff Inn(Knoxville)(Great Value!)
$94
$77
All reviewsfire pitfront deskwaffle housesmall indoor poolnice bathroomcomplimentary breakfastclean roomsking suitebusiness tripvery pleasant staywould definitely stay here againfitness centerconvenient locationoff the highwayexcellent staynice hotelshopping and restaurants
Reviewed July 29, 2014

Recently stayed at this hotel on a business trip. The lobby was simply beautiful and well decorated. The staff is excellent as well other than the overnight clerk who disappears and makes you wait 20 minutes to pay for a snack. The rooms are VERY small with no chair in rooms with 2 queen beds other than the desk chair. When you get off the elevator you have to carefully move not to run into the wall. Overall the hotel was very clean, they have a nice outdoor fire pit and close to several local places to eat.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank ddmullis
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2014

Dear ddmullis,

Thank you for your review. We are delighted you found our lobby beautiful and well decorated. We are also pleased you found our staff highly commendable. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel.

Please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced and we regret the level of service you received did not live up to your expectations. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean location great just off the highway. Easy on and off the highway access. Close to many fast food and eat in restaurants. Staff helpful in giving directions.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 9, 2014

This hotel is very convenient to UT Medical Center where we've been having to make several trips
recently. The staff has all been great. We've had 2 stays recently and stayed multiple nights both times. Both times we used points to pay for our room, but they upgraded us to hottub rooms. Not very many HIEs will do that. The rooms have been very clean. We love staying here!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2014

We came to Knoxville for an event at UT- perfect location, clean rooms and Mr. Lee and Leslie have a Continental breakfast area that is one of the best I've had in a long time. Esp the Pancake Maker :) We will stay here again. dont' have even one negative thing to say.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was disappointed with the noise at this hotel. After a long day of exploring Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg I was looking forward to a restful sleep before having to get up at 4 AM to catch a flight out of Knoxville. The room I got on the 5th floor was facing I-40 which has 18-wheeler traffic at all hours of the night. There was no sound barrier, I could see traffic from the bed. The air unit fan in the room buzzed all night yet didn’t keep the room cool even though I tried to make get it cooler, but I guess the fan blocked out some traffic noise? Either way it was more difficult to fall and stay asleep due to noise and then sweating. I had to get up in less than 6 hours so why call the front desk (which looked disorganized) to see if they had another room (or fix the fan)? I was losing precious time to sleep no matter what. BTW the Keurig coffee maker was in the bathroom! Glad I don’t drink coffee, even if it is in the sealed, individual cups, that grossed me out. Poor design. This hotel may be modern, but I’m glad my time there was less than 8 hours. Although it was only a 20 minute ride to the airport, I’ll stay closer to the airport if having to leave on an early flight again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that face away from interstate 40
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank grapeeape
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr, responded to this reviewResponded July 3, 2014

Dear grapeeape,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are very sorry you were not satisfied with your stay due to the room amenities and challenges with the noise.

As a valued guest, please be assured that all feedback will be acted upon as we rely on you to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We hope that if your travels brings you back to our area, you would give us another opportunity to provide the excellent accommodations you were expecting.

Kind Regards,