Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr
Ranked #22 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
St. Charles, Mo
“Very Nice hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

The staff at this hotel was very friendly and helpful. Room was clean location great just off the highway. Easy on and off the highway access. Close to many fast food and eat in restaurants. Staff helpful in giving directions.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very convenient to UT Medical Center where we've been having to make several trips
recently. The staff has all been great. We've had 2 stays recently and stayed multiple nights both times. Both times we used points to pay for our room, but they upgraded us to hottub rooms. Not very many HIEs will do that. The rooms have been very clean. We love staying here!

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Kingsport, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

We came to Knoxville for an event at UT- perfect location, clean rooms and Mr. Lee and Leslie have a Continental breakfast area that is one of the best I've had in a long time. Esp the Pancake Maker :) We will stay here again. dont' have even one negative thing to say.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Vienna, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

I was disappointed with the noise at this hotel. After a long day of exploring Pigeon Forge/Gatlinburg I was looking forward to a restful sleep before having to get up at 4 AM to catch a flight out of Knoxville. The room I got on the 5th floor was facing I-40 which has 18-wheeler traffic at all hours of the night. There was no sound barrier, I could see traffic from the bed. The air unit fan in the room buzzed all night yet didn’t keep the room cool even though I tried to make get it cooler, but I guess the fan blocked out some traffic noise? Either way it was more difficult to fall and stay asleep due to noise and then sweating. I had to get up in less than 6 hours so why call the front desk (which looked disorganized) to see if they had another room (or fix the fan)? I was losing precious time to sleep no matter what. BTW the Keurig coffee maker was in the bathroom! Glad I don’t drink coffee, even if it is in the sealed, individual cups, that grossed me out. Poor design. This hotel may be modern, but I’m glad my time there was less than 8 hours. Although it was only a 20 minute ride to the airport, I’ll stay closer to the airport if having to leave on an early flight again.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms that face away from interstate 40
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 stars
1 Thank grapeeape
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Knoxville West - Papermill Dr, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Dear grapeeape,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to post a review. We are very sorry you were not satisfied with your stay due to the room amenities and challenges with the noise.

As a valued guest, please be assured that all feedback will be acted upon as we rely on you to tell us how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. We hope that if your travels brings you back to our area, you would give us another opportunity to provide the excellent accommodations you were expecting.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Portage,Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

Brand new and very nice hotel. Easy to get to. Very helpful front desk. Rooms are clean and spacious. Beds were very comfortable. Several restaurants close by. Complimentary breakfast included eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy as well as your standard sweet rolls and cereal. We will definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Middlesboro, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband has had a severe stroke and was going to have cataract surgery. I phoned Holiday Inn Express and requested a handicapped room, the gentleman who answered the phone was gracious and ready to help me in my needs. I told how my husband was and that he needed a room with handles all around the restroom. He told me that all the handicapped accessible rooms were rented for that night but give him an hour and he would call me back. He called back and told me that he made arrangements for us to have a accessible room. We arrived and our room was welcoming and clean. The staff was exceptional meeting all our needs. This was one of our most presurgery restful nights

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank upsetandangry
Hudson, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2014

Brand new, very modern hotel, Easy access from Interstate, Easy check in, Front desk staff very helpful, Clean pool, Clean rooms and comfortable beds. Fun fire-pit with seats outside to relax after a days drive. Very good complimentary breakfast, Free wi-fi, Our room was on the other side of an elevator but we heard no noise from it at all. Will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple