“Excellent Food - Great Atmosphere”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Reserve with OpenTable
Tupelo Honey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Southern dishes & libations are served with a creative twist & a smile. When we play with our food (& we think it's okay), the result is scrumptious. We're rooted in the Mountain South, & our menu is inspired by time-honored traditions: pickling & frying, canning & preserving, & utilizing seasonal produce and ingredients to prepare delicious, scratch-made creations.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Tupelo Honey is located in Market Square in downtown Knoxville. It has a great location and atmosphere, both inside and out. A very good selection of sandwiches and entrees. The chicken dishes are exceptional as are the sweet potato fries, macaroni and cheese and special biscuits (jars of honey are on the table for the biscuits) Service is sometimes slow when they are crowded, which is most of the time. Excellent place for brunch after church on Sunday. They have an excellent gluten free menu. Parking is a problem as there is only on street parking. (nearest parking garage is 3 blocks away) Parking and slow service is why I could not give 5 star excellent review.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed April 28, 2014

Just in case you don't know their onion soup is not French Onion. It has chunks of onion and not very good. Pimento cheese is served in a lot of places there. I had a toasted sandwich with Havarti.
My husband had a chicken dish that he said was good. Crowded...need reservations. There is out side dining. It is in the Market Square area. Park in the Parking garages. Much easier.

Reviewed April 24, 2014

Absolutely love this restaurant! I have not had a bad meal yet! Of course, the specialty is the sweet potato pancake which is HUGH but so worth it! The breakfast potatoes and bacon are both great. Biscuits and blueberry jam, yummy! My daughter loves the blueberry drink (can't remember exact name). We've also had the to-die-for pimento cheese dip & chips! Oh my! If you have not tried that I highly recommend with a bowl of tomato soup! Can't wait to go back! :) And I bought a container of honey for home... it's delish!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Fantastic service... Everything hummed right along. We sat close enough to the servers station and they were light hearted and not stressed. Food came very quickly and OMG - it was delicious. Biscuits, jam, drinks.. but the grits were the very best I've had in a long time. Go There Whenever you have the Chance!

Reviewed April 21, 2014

Delicious home cooked food, nice atmosphere, great service. Consistently good quality, some of the best fried okra I've ever had! Only downside is the wait is usually long, but the shops at Market Square help the time go by quickly if there is a wait.