“Excellent meal and service !”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Reserve with OpenTable
Tupelo Honey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Our Southern dishes & libations are served with a creative twist & a smile. When we play with our food (& we think it's okay), the result is scrumptious. We're rooted in the Mountain South, & our menu is inspired by time-honored traditions: pickling & frying, canning & preserving, & utilizing seasonal produce and ingredients to prepare delicious, scratch-made creations.
Reviewed February 4, 2014

We recently had lunch here and loved it . The hot biscuits and jam are amazing. My husband loved the everything grilled cheese which had a fried green tomato. The sides of fried okra, goat cheese grits , and salads are great . The kale and tofu on our vegetable plate was the only disappointment of the meal.
Jonathan was a great server and the atmosphere is lively .We will definitely eat at TH anytime we are in downtown area.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed February 2, 2014

I ordered not your mama meatloaf and homemade Mac n cheese. Meatloaf very dry and over cooked. The Mac n cheese tasted like out of a box. The cheese may have been Velveeta. The pecan pie was very good. The service was good. I won't go back as get this anywhere

Reviewed February 2, 2014

We don't get to downtown Knoxville too often. Stumbled upon the Tupelo Honey Cafe at Market Square. I had been to the space many years ago and don't even remember the name of the old place. Went for lunch. Crowded but no wait. Lance, the waiter, was cool......ya know. He brought us our waters and biscuits with blueberry jam. We both got the Cheesy Onion Bisque. I got the Southern Fried Chicken BLT and the wife got the Shoo Grill Cheese. The soup came out warm but Lance had it nuked and back out in 3 minutes. The soup was good. The sandwiches were quite tasty. Enough of the grilled cheese to take half home. So with water, the meals, the tip and $2 parking, it was $30. Maybe not the best value but it was a good lunch.

Reviewed February 1, 2014

Made my first visit to Tupelo Honey after hearing of it a number of times. We were going to the Tennessee Theater for a show and ate at Tupelo Honey first, Plan on a bit of a wait if you are downtown for another event. But the wait is worth it. The food I got was plentiful, the server Jason did such a good job and was so pleasant, the atmosphere was friendly and very comfortable to be with friends or family. The complimentary biscuit and blueberry jelly they bring you to enjoy while you wait for your food is SO good! They will bring you another one if you want! There is also honey on the table. I sure enjoyed my first visit there and really enjoyed my tasty chicken sandwich and look very forward to going back!

Reviewed January 30, 2014

You can absolutely count on Tupelo Honey Cafe to have great food and good service, even when they are jammed with people (which they often are). We love this place! The menu is very diverse with vegetarian options, burgers, sandwiches, entrees, and breakfast all the time. Try the sweet potato pancake - fabulous! My fave currently is the veggie bowl - it includes grits, black-eyed pea hash, fried okra, kale and other yummies. Also, if you have to wait a bit, you can shop anywhere on Market Square and get the page when your table is ready.