“Wow!”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Ranked #13 of 1,164 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Bar, Contemporary
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Our Southern dishes & libations are served with a creative twist & a smile. When we play with our food (& we think it's okay), the result is scrumptious. We're rooted in the Mountain South, & our menu is inspired by time-honored traditions: pickling & frying, canning & preserving, & utilizing seasonal produce and ingredients to prepare delicious, scratch-made creations.
“Wow!”
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Found ourselves looking for lunch in downtown Knoxville and were directed to the Marketplace. After checking out several of the menus we decided on Tupelo Honey. Both my husband and I selected the BLT fried chicken sandwich.The waitress said shortly with our biscuits. One sweet tea, one unsweet tea. The waitress came back promptly with the tea and also said the biscuits were baking and they would be up shortly. They both looked each other questioningly. Imagine our surprise when We were presented with two lovely where biscuits baked to a light golden brown. They were served with a homemade blueberry jam with honey and butter on the side as well Can I say these were the finest biscuits I have Ever eaten. I had to keep reminding myself that lunch was coming. That said my husband ate the top and bottom of his biscuit and the top of mine. Then our sandwiches arrived, a large crispy chicken breast served with bacon lettuce, tomato and a wonderful mustard mayo. We had to give up eating it as a sandwich having gorged ourselves on the biscuits. We thoroughly enjoyed the crispy chicken with bacon. Signs were also delicious I chose the Parmesan corn on the cob which was fantastic. We will definitely be back.

San Diego
“Get Your Southern Fix”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We thought this place was very good. Were taken there by my sister and her husband who have just relocated from Chicago to Tellico Village near Knoxville. It has a wonderful location on Market Square. We got there just before the rush and secured a table on the patio. My husband had the flight of bourbons which he thoroughly enjoyed. We shared a fried green tomato appetizer which was served over a bed of grits---about as Southern as you can get. It was excellent. Great menu incorporating all the wonderful tradition of Southern cooking. A casual fun place.

“Pretty Good place”
Reviewed June 10, 2013

Food was pretty good - not amazing like I expected. Our server was not very good at all.... he actually sucked. I wouldn't go back simply because of the service even if the food was decent.

Visited June 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Great service and food”
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Had a late lunch there with family yesterday. Only time to go since lunch or dinner wait is usually an hour or so. Meatloaf was 4 of 5 stars, Tomato soup and grilled cheeses a 5. Loved the biscuits and blueberry jam!

• Visited June 2013
“Best organic food and southern cooking.”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I am a huge advocate for organic menus in restaurants, as well as, southern cooking. Tupelo honey hits this concept right on the head. I originally ate at their location in Asheville, NC and was elated when they decided to open one in my town. There is usually a wait, but if you arrive right when they open, or around 3-4 in the afternoon, seating is immediate and you beat the crowd. They serve an amazing breakfast all day, great whiskey selection, and awesome mimosas. My favorite entree is their organic beef tenderloin medallions, followed by the Kobe beef burger, scallops, veggie bowl, and monstrous grilled cheese. If you are a fan of organic food and southern style cooking, GO!

• Visited May 2013