“Worth the wait”
Review of Tupelo Honey

Tupelo Honey
Reserve with OpenTable
Tupelo Honey is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 1,193 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Cafe
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Our Southern dishes & libations are served with a creative twist & a smile. When we play with our food (& we think it's okay), the result is scrumptious. We're rooted in the Mountain South, & our menu is inspired by time-honored traditions: pickling & frying, canning & preserving, & utilizing seasonal produce and ingredients to prepare delicious, scratch-made creations.
Columbia, SC
“Worth the wait”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

Tupelo Honey Cafe in Knoxville has the same great menu as the original in Asheville, NC. Absolutely great food. Sweet Potato Pancakes are a very interesting twist on a staple breakfast food. The Southern Fried Chicken Saltimbocca with Country Ham and Mushroom Marsala is outstanding as is the meatloaf. I really wanted to try the Appalachian Egg Rolls but unfortunately our server forgot to place the order - not good.

The wait for a table (for 3) was about 30 minutes at 2:00 on a Saturday afternoon but well worth it.

Spartanburg, South Carolina
“A great addition to Knoxville”
Reviewed April 1, 2013

The wait is a little crazy - we walked around Market Square because there is not a lot of space inside. Once we were seated it was awesome. The pulled pork egg rolls were off the hook! I had their grilled cheese with friedn tomatoes, country ham and bacon and a cup of soup - I didn't like the tomato soup it was watery but they brought me the chicken and dumplin soup and it was fantastic. We also got the shrimp tacos (great) and the fried chicken BLT - too big! We will be back and soon

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Good if you don't want to eat Healthy!”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Had brunch here and was really disappointed. First, I'm not sure why 'honey' is in their name (although I am certain they have a very good reason) but they don't serve it on or with anything! Even their biscuits come with a blueberry jam. Which is ok - not great. Everything on the menu is high in calories and fat!!! Even their salads! I couldn't find anything on their menu that you could consider 'healthy'! The vegetarian sandwich was just ok - someone else in our party ordered the 'not your momma's meatloaf' and described it a just a big baked hamburger. My husband got the fried chicken and biscuits and gravy and said it was good - but there again nothing healthy about it! So if you like lots of oil, butter, cream and cheese - you will love this place!

Harrogate, Tennessee, United States
“Great food, the wait a bit much.”
Reviewed March 18, 2013

Enjoyed yet another meal yummy from Tupelo Honey Cafe on Saturday for my birthday. It was delicious of course. We had the lump crab cakes and they were the best I have ever had! A lot of times crab cakes have "fillers" but these were pure crab and delicious! Their goat cheese grits are great, and I always get the black bean cakes (absolutely wonderful)... Highly recommend the food! The wait on the other hand, well its just a bit much. Some people may think it is worth it. They should definitely offer call ahead seating or reservations. Anyways, overall I really like THC and I tell everyone about the food!

tennessee
“Fun, Delicious, and Trendy”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

My husband and I had been wanting to try the Tupelo Honey Cafe for a while so when we were in Knoxville for the George Strait concert we decided to eat there. It was not crowded when we went in around 5:30 but when we left, there was a long line waiting to be seated. The food was great. We both got breakfast and we weren't disappointed. I got a spinach, mushroom and cheese omelet. It was fantastic and the side of grits that came with were the real dea, not instant. My husband got chicken with biscuits and gravy. There was enough for two people and he said that it was delicious. The pre-meal biscuits were flaky and fluffy and the Tupelo Honey was very tasty. I would definitely recommend this place to anyone. It is in the very trendy downtown of Knoxville so parking may be an issue, but it is worth it.