“Nothing like Austin, San Antonio or Houston”
Review of Chuy's

Chuy's
Ranked #59 of 1,219 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed August 16, 2013

Waitress had no clue in the questions I had about the menu or even seem interested. All I asked if they had or could make a "Puffy Taco." Instead of finding out, she stated, "If it isn't on the menu, we don't have it." The place was crowed and when the food was served, it look as if it was thrown on the plate and the waitress just walked away without asking if we needed anything else. The food didn't even come close to the Chuy's in Texas. If you don't know what Tex-Mex or Mexican is suppose to be or taste like; then this is an alright place.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We first found this restaurant in Houston TX, consistently great food, reasonably priced, and if you like mixed drinks try the "Mexican" when we go, we have the Beef Fajitas...l love the chips and salsa...

Reviewed July 31, 2013

Chuy's is a great lunch spot, but it can be quite crowded if you don't make it early! The Boom Boom chicken is usually my choice, and the jalapeño sauce is tasty! The green rice is really good...spicy (which I like), and the salsas and sauces are plentiful and delicious. Servings are huge, and a to-go box will probably be needed. It is a fun atmosphere...perhaps a tad too loud because of the tile floors, but I recommend it!

Reviewed July 21, 2013

Went with my daughter and her family and had a fine time. All of the Mexican Fare looked very good, but the attraction for me was choosing from the different sauces for your entree. Mine was creamy jalapeno. um um good.

Reviewed July 17, 2013 via mobile

After living in Austin in the 80s and 90s I guess I expected WAY too much for this chain rendition of an Austin classic. Uninspired, boring, average tex mex. the NM green chili dishes were a mere shadow of the green chili dishes I just had weeks earlier in Utah and Colorado. Not likely to eat here again.