“Yawn. Another decent Mexican place”
Review of Meksiko Cantina - CLOSED

Meksiko Cantina
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed December 15, 2012

We were a little worried after seeing a low health dept score in the newspaper for Meksiko. But we already had my wife's surprise party scheduled so went ahead. The place turned out to be fine. They did a nice job having the table ready and serving drinks as guests showed up. The service was fine. Menu was typical. Food was average. Draft Miller Lite tasted a little watered down if that's possible. Anyway, no complaints but nothing outstanding at all.

Reviewed September 17, 2012

When I open a menu and there are so many choices that I can't make up my mind, it usually signals trouble. Now, again, my standards for mexican food are pretty high, having grown up on Sonoran flavors, so maybe it's not fair to judge. But I will.

I had a pork tamale and a beef burrito... I'll start with the tamale. first, too much masa. Second -- I know there was pork in there because the menu said so, but I couldn't taste it. What I could taste was the ground beef on top in the sauce...
Burrito was filled with the same ground beef and topped with a red sauce. Seriously, it tasted as if the filling of all the chef-boyardee raviolis had been emptied into the burrito.
It has a loyal clientele, many dinners came and went in the time I was in the restaurant -- greeted with obvious familiarity -- so there is a draw for some. Just not for me, and I cannot reccomend it to others -- unless taco bell is your idea of good mexican food (in which case, there was a taco bell around the corner -- I would recommend it, first)

Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I enjoyed a delightful evening over a delicious meal. I had the Pork Chimichanga plate with rice, beans and a guacamole salad. My husband had a chicken dish that was more like a stew with a hearty sauce, fried plantains and black beans. Although we were in our hometown of Knoxville, TN, we felt as though we had traveled back to Cabo San Lucas where we enjoyed equally flavorful meals while on a recent vacation.

The service was outstanding and the music could only be described as American soft rock/jazz sung in Spanish. I loved it! This restaurant is more upscale than the usual taco eateries in town, so it made for a festive date night for the two of us! Prices were not excessive at around $10 for each entree. We will be back to try some of the other offerings.