“i really didn't like the crispy noodles that were served with my soup”
Review of Little Szechuan - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Little Szechuan
Cuisines: Chinese
Atlanta, Georgia
“i really didn't like the crispy noodles that were served with my soup”
Reviewed November 5, 2012

ok, i went around 5pm today for the first time while my tires were being rotated across the street at the firestone.
there were maybe 10 other customers at the most, perhaps they are much busier at lunch or after 6pm.
i ordered a diet coke, the glass was dirty, i told a waiter, he apologized and quickly got me another one.
they then served to me 2 free appetizers, one was spicy eggplant which i did not like at all - i was expecting something spicy, so i wish it had not been sweet, it would have been better sour and spicy.
the other appetizer was sweet and sour pickled radish and carrots, i enjoyed that one very much and ate ever bite.
i ordered the #1 dim sum, which was the pork, shrimp & vegetable shu mai, which was 4 golf-ball size pieces, and it filled me up.
they were not served with dipping sauces, so i asked for some sauces to dip my shu mai/dim sum in, and they were brought out to me, they all tasted good.
i also ordered a hot and sour soup, which came with these crispy noodles that i really didn't like. they were hard and crunchy, and they hurt my teeth.
i tried letting them soften in my soup, then they got unpleasantly gummy.
i asked if they had any other type of crispy noodle, and they told me they did not.
the hot and sour soup was more hot than sour, and there was too much bamboo shoots, but still, the flavors were fairly balanced.
it was not the best hot and sour soup i ever had, but it was good, i'd give it a 3 out of 5.
atleast it didn't have that wierd, sweet flavor that some restaurants add to their hot and sour soup.
at the end of my dinner, i was given a complimentary shaved ice dessert, which i really enjoyed.
my waitress was very nice, i'd give her a 5 out of 5.
i was also given a discount for paying with cash.

• Visited November 2012