“A hidden gem in Knoxville”

Knoxville Botanical Garden
Ranked #46 of 202 things to do in Knoxville
Reviewed February 3, 2013

This is a beautiful, rustic, historic, well-manicured garden with gorgeous views. Only two miles from the city center, it's very convenient. It's great place for a stroll, a picnic, or just some quiet time. I love the rustic buildings and the stone walls on the property. We've even had professional pictures taken here of the family. This would also be a perfect venue for a wedding. I I can't say enough about this hidden jewel!

2  Thank Tiff05

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Probably more of a destination this merge of properties is a lovely place to relax and enjoy. Lots of variety of trees and plants and the stone walls alone are wonderful to walk around in. You can see that with support this could become a preeminent garden once they get to planning and planting. Odd area of town mostly due to it being older section but the view alone of the mountains from the back of the property are almost worth the drive. Let's face it, it is not The Butchart Gardens but great for locals and tourists in need of some simple pleasure.

3  Thank heyanderson
Reviewed July 25, 2012

Only someone who has never been to a botanical garden give this place a 5 star rating. Oh it had to be someone who's never been out of Knoxville. This place has some bamboo trees and some rock walls that's it. There's no flowers. Not even at the visitor's center. It was such a waste of time. If you are a tourist, don't waste your time. It's just a field in middle of low-income housing.

4  Thank Junior M
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Our family has been here a few times, and we really love it! We went last fall for family photos....pictures turned out great!!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

My idea of a wonderful garden may have a lot to do with my affinity for planting and growing as well as my experiences with gardens that take one's breath away. A prime example of a magnificent formal garden-Airlie in Wilmington NC. I enjoyed the varied botanicals on Maymont's grounds in Virginia and the flowers and plants at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg are fantastic. But the expanse of weedy grass offered as the Knoxville Botanical Garden does not even deserve its brochure which declares it "A Magical Escape".Yes, there are some very nice rock walls. But, I just didn't notice much in the way of "botanicals". A couple of paths, a muddy area that I did not want to venture into, some litter, and grass. OK I get it..."A unique backdrop for your event," but a tourist destination it's not.

3  Thank TheCovertCritic