“Quick, affordable, great downtown location”

Blue Coast Grill and Bar
Ranked #52 of 1,197 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Seafood, Bar
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: A culinary driven, farm to table restaurant located in Historic Market Square. Here, you will find a team of chef's led by award winning Executive Chef Curtis Bates, who will prepare you a unique and savory dish from our menu of New American cuisine. Ideal for a quick lunch, weekend brunch, private dining, romantic dinners or relaxed evenings out. An eco-friendly environment both elegant and casual, familiar but unique, Blue Coast Grill & Bar is the ideal place to meet, dine and linger. New American cuisine, which blends time honored American classics with global flavors and chef created original dishes. We use fresh ingredients from local farmers, certified angus beef, hormone free chicken & sustainable seafood and our menu is reasonably priced. Entrees are enhanced with reductions, aioli's and vinaigrettes to create a delectable array of flavors and textures. Signature side dishes add the perfect complement to any entree. Our menu is friendly to almost any diet including gluten free options, vegan choices, healthy dishes...and of course the polar opposite over indulgent!
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We hopped in here on a Friday night before catching a movie at the local downtown theater, the Riviera.

They were fast, the food was economical, and the ambience of the place is superb being that it is situated in the northwest corner of hopping Market Square.

There are newer reviews for Blue Coast Grill and Bar

Reviewed May 16, 2013

I was traveling solo and specifically sought out bar service. I sat upstairs and Peyton the bartender took my food and drink order.

The Good: The food was good, not great. There was a minor mix-up with my burrito (I asked for a large and they rang up and delivered a regular). They offered to fix it by letting me keep the original and then delivering the large one! I appreciated that level of service. Complimentary chips and 4 types of house-made salsa were delivered with my food. I thought the prices were in line with the quality. The atmosphere was good and the service was very pleasant. I liked being able to order a custom margarita from someone who obviously understood his craft. The first one was good, but Peyton took my feedback from it and the second one was excellent!

The bad: The order mix-up mentioned above, but I believe it was handled well. As others have noted, the food was rather lukewarm when I got it. For a burrito this wasn't a big deal for me, if it had been something like fajitas I would be been annoyed.

The ugly: None. I wouldn't choose this place for a "big date on the town", but for basic tex-mex and a tasty margarita it met all my expectations.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

i would not go here for fish taco . it is two fish sticks in a shell very bad could not eat . order drinks with patron in them and could not even tell there was anything in them .sorry to say i will never be back very slow service .

1  Thank daboy1
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Not what I was expecting. Basically a cafeteria mexican fast food place. Food average, not remarkable one way or the otherl

Reviewed January 21, 2013

The place never quite delivered. I don't give bad reviews lightly, especially in such a public forum, but my biggest issue was the same problem everytime. I went three times and every time the meat was not warm. It was cool and very watery, which really took away from the meal. It also made for soggy nachos and a very messy burrito on separate occasions. Last time I went the queso was also very cool.

They have fresh ingrediants which is great and it could have been a very good restaurant, but the end product just isn't up to snuff. Also, it might be coincidence since there is a bug going around, but after eating here I was very sick. I didn't want to blame the restaurant right away because I honestly don't know, but then again I thought back to the cold meat and queso on my meal. Hot food is more than just a preference for some items, it is to prevent bacteria.

Overall, they are unique and cool, but slightly overpriced and they really need to learn proper food storage for the items they are serving.

1  Thank Casey G