“Not bad but not Great”
Review of Habaneros

Habaneros
Ranked #55 of 1,219 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: This is a nice little place, not much on glitz, but plenty of good food and cold beer. I've been here a few times and have had no problems. It's in east Knoxville which is sorely lacking good Mexican food. Give it a try.
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I've eaten here 3 times and each time was just so-so. The first time wasn't good at all, but I try to eat at a place at least twice before forming an opinion. I mean any place can have an off day. The last time was definitely better, but still just ok. I'm not saying I wouldn't eat there again, but if it's my turn to pick, I'll go somewhere else.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

We had heard about this place and seen the advertisements but somehow had never made it there until now.
We went at around 4 in the afternoon, and the place was not yet busy. But it got busy after awhile!
The sign out front had a Special for $1.99 Margaritas. We had not had one in a while and thought, Eh, $1.99 they aren't gonna be that good or strong, let's try one. WE WERE WRONG. It was one the best we had ever had and they didn't skimp on the alcohol either!
We ordered our food and was pleasantly surprised at the service and quality. The portions were good also.
Our waiter didn't spek a lot of English,but enough to get by. Usual....
The real surprise,besides the drinks, was the chips and salsa served upon being seated. Usually at these places the salsa is more like tomato soup or water poured through tomatoes. This, however was very flavorful, "meaty" and had a good after taste with just enough "bite" to please me. The chips were fresh and warm too boot.
I had the California Burrito and my wife had the Carne Asada. The portions were above average and the food was very good.
All in all we were very pleased with our experience and will return.
The ONLY drawback would be the parking lot. It is in need of repair so watch were you go!

Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

Eaten at Hananeros several times now and have never been disappointed. The food is excellent and the Margaritas are awesome. It's a place that makes you feel welcome and you want to keep coming back.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

My son and I were hanging out and decided to eat here instead off burning the gas to go to El Charro (West)...I love the speedy 8 there...Anyway...I had the chicken chimichanga...It was good...The waiter sat us in the very back corner of the location... In a multi-cultural environment you should not treat people like they are gonna skip out on the check...I'll burn the gas next time!...Thanks for the tasty churros!

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I've been back several times and decided to improve my rating. The top shelf margarita is worth extra buck or two. Everything we've tried is good, but the Habaneros fajitas are excellent. With the combination of shrimp, steak, chicken, and chorizo it has wonderful flavor.