“Nice Facility, but Pricey”

Hilton Garden Inn Knoxville West/Cedar Bluff
Ranked #9 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Kingsport, Tennessee
“Nice Facility, but Pricey”
Reviewed September 13, 2013

I've stayed here multiple times and it certainly is a nice facility. The ONLY complaint I had was the beds. They had a knock off of the Sleep Number beds and they were HORRIBLE. Didn't have a digital control, but rather you had to tear the sheets off you bed to access the manual control. I usually only stayed here a couple of nights at a time and could never get the bed adjusted to my satisfaction. It was more like trying to sleep on an air mattress. I read another review and they said HGI West Knoxville had gotten rid of those beds recently -- believe me, its good riddance! The only other comment I'd make is the price. If your ego or brand loyalty forces you to stay at a Hilton property and you don't mind the $139/night price (sometimes I got an $89/night government rate) -- this hotel is great. Problem is within a couple of blocks, there is a newer Red Roof Inn for $45/night, a Choice hotel at significantly cheaper rate, a La Quinta, and others. When I can't get the $89 rate, I found a hotel down the road 2 miles (closer to the mall) for $58/night that had the same amenities as HGI. Again, this is a very nice property, but there are several other equally nice hotels at significantly cheaper rates.

Room Tip: The trash truck picks up the garbage from the Outback Restaurant immediately behind the HGI very ear...
Green Features: They change the towels out everyday whether or not you hang them up.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Memphis, United States
Reviewed September 8, 2013

The internet details adjustable beds but once you arrive you are told the adjustable beds didn't work well so they have regular mattresses now. I was told all the mattresses were new to replace the adjustable beds but the mattress did not sleep as if it were new.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Knoxville, United States
Reviewed August 30, 2013

This is where you want to stay. Everything about this hotel was excellent for our family. The staff was exceptional and the breakfast crew were awesome. I can't say enough about this hotel. We are making a 15 day trek to Alaska and this hotel sets the standard that has yet to be beat.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

MEMPHIS, United States
Reviewed August 29, 2013

This hotel was absolutely wonderful. I do not have one complaint. Everything was beautiful. The hotel staff was very helpful and they had pleasant and welcoming attitudes. I walked in my room and was blown away by how big it was and everything was so nice and neat. The experience I had at this hotel has definately set the bar for any hotel I stay in going forward and I will make Hilton my #1 choice.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Plano, Texas
Reviewed August 13, 2013

They were so nice to take us late at night even though we messed up the booking on our mobile device. Beautifully appointed rooms. Best bedding I have had at an hotel in some time. Front desk staff was very gracious and cheerful. Breakfast was heavenly. Very delicious biscuits and gravy and great fresh fruit selection. My mother said the coffee was very good. Excellent service at breakfast buffet. The waitress we had was very very good. I highly recommend it for those coming into Knoxville from the west. They even had room in their parking lot for our trailer. It is the first Hilton property I have stayed in during my adult life. I will definitely try to stay at more Hilton properties in the future.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Knoxville, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

Great Garden Inn, wonderful employees, loved the room, quite, loved the comforter and the pillows. Very comfortable, love the Bath and Body Works Toiletries. The Lobby was under renovations but very welcoming,

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business

Upper Marlboro, United States
Reviewed August 13, 2013

The directions given to get to the hotel were great. The hotel was close to the interstate. There were restaurants very close. The room was clean, the staff were very nice and friendly. I would stay there again. Usually I like to park my car where I can see it overnight. The cars were parked on the opposite side, and I am not sure if they had security.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled solo