“Not the best”

Ranked #5 of 198 things to do in Knoxville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Fun on the outside and serious about animals on the inside, Zoo Knoxville is committed to giving our guests an unforgettable experience.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Indianapolis, Indiana
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Not the best”
Reviewed June 23, 2014

Visiting different zoos is one of our favorite things to do. This zoo was not one of the mist enjoyable. Its a small zoo and while we were there they were doing some construction but I dont know if it was expanding it by much. My kids are 11 and 7 and didnt enjoy it much. We went through the whole zoo in probably an hour at most. Its a fine zoo to visit if you are in the area but I wouldn't recommend traveling very far just to go to it.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Kobysmom2010

Knoxville, Tennessee
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Always Fun”
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Went again for a field trip with my son. It was so relaxing to just wander around watching the animals. Thankfully, they allow you to bring your own food, since there are no satisfactory options inside the zoo, but the animals are great as always :)

Visited May 2014
1 Thank ThatOrganicMom
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“A nice visit”
Reviewed June 12, 2014

The Knoxville Zoo is good and getting better! The zoo has some great exhibits and is expanding others. For the volume of space, they have large exhibits and the focus is right when you walk in the door - on the iconic blackbears that are a highlight of the geographic region.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Nicotye D
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“A fun day.”
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

We decided to go on a whim and so glad we did. We lived in Kansas City, MO which has a bigger zoo but the Knoxville Zoo is so much better. It seemed the animals were way more visible and close. It was a very hot day so they weren't terribly active but I can't blame them it was hot. I would like to see clearer glass in the reptile area. LOVED the elephants and zebras. We were able to get some great pics with just our phones because the animals were so close. For a smaller zoo its great.

3 Thank CJMurphy71
tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“zoo trip”
Reviewed June 8, 2014

I went to visit the zoo and took two children, ages 3 and 6. I had seen some bad reviews on the internet and was a little skeptical at first, but decided to give it a try. I was impressed with the zoo facilities. The animals were out and could be enjoyed. I am very impressed with the zoo. They also have good customer support.

Visited June 2014