“Ok Zoo.”

Ranked #6 of 191 things to do in Knoxville
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Knoxville's largest year-round attraction, Zoo Knoxville is situated on 53 acres and home to over 800 animals from around the world.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Nashville, Tennessee
“Ok Zoo.”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Went to the Zoo Oct 4th 2012. I had a nashville zoo card and got 1/2 price off for two people. Otherwise cost to get in would have been 50 dollars. Many of the animals are behind wire fence and impossible to get a photo of. The gorillas chimps are cool. So if your going there to great good pictures of animals this may not be the zoo for you. But to see cool animals it is a good zoo for that. .

Visited October 2012

Kingston, Tennessee
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“It's the zoo!”
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I have gone to this zoo since childhood and now my son is enjoying it too. This place will always have a special place in our hearts. We have visited the animals for years and picked out our favorite friends. We love the red pandas, otters and white tiger. When Kid's Cove was opened, my son was in heaven. We also love the back trail with the Tennessee information placards. We test our knowledge every time we go. We appreciate the misters on very hot days and we all love the multiple flavor slushie carts. This zoo is very dear to us and I cannot say enough about how many memories we have made there.

Las Vegas, Nevada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Zoo continues to deteriorate”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Had not been to the zoo in several years so I took family that were here from out of town. We were very disappointed. Many cages were empty. Saw 3 or 4 birds, one tiger, one lion, one bear, reptile cages were so dirty and scratched we couldn't see in. Nocturnal area had one skunk.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank HHopeItHHelps
Coastal Alabama
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Average Zoo, nothing special”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I'll start this out by telling you to eat before or after your trip. I specifically asked prior to purchasing our tickets if there was a good restaurant inside that served grilled cheese sandwiches - i was told yes the Safari grill is real good and has those. They do not serve grilled cheese, the staff is rude at best and the food is not tasty. Everything was cold - the burgers, fries, chicken and service. Save a lot of money and bring your own as I saw others had done or eat before or after. As far as the exhibits - there was nothing that made this zoo stand out. It's $19.95 per adult to get in, plus $5 parking. They big cats such as the white tiger are in small cages which is great for viewing, but has to be miserable for the animals. All Bathrooms were clean upon our visits which was really nice. There is a children's play area that seems to have no age limit - there were some really big kids playing very rough around much smaller kids. You could see the annoyance in the younger children's parents face, but no one was there to rein the older ones in - not staff or parents. We decided to not let our child play as a smaller child was hurt by a bigger child as we approached. If the bigger kids could play "nicely" with the younger ones, there would be no issue, but they are kids having fun and don't take the smaller kids into account unless a parent or other authority figure enforces it. No one there was doing that. It wasn't a horrible zoo or trip, our 22 month old enjoyed herself - but it wasn't as great as others - and for the cost of the zoo and items inside, you'd think it would be better. If you are in the area - stop and go have a visit - I wouldn't drive out of the way to visit this zoo though. I don't think we'd go again when in the area as it cost us a bit over $100 for the day with nothing to show. If we did return, we'd eat else where for sure.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Leana143
Bristol, Tennessee
35 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 43 helpful votes
“First Trip, wasnt blown away..”
Reviewed September 19, 2012

Ok, Im not going to throw all kinds of bad comments around, Im just giving my take and my experience. And Overall, It was Ok.. just a few things that I see could be improved upon on. Anyways... We were visiting Gatlinburg this weekend, Gatlinburg is one of our favorite weekend destinations, but this particular weekend, was a Rod Run weekend, Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg both were just crazy, couldnt move, just way to many people, so on a whim , we decided to pack it up for the weekend and go somewhere else.. We had never been to the Knoxville Zoo, so we decided to head on over, its just a short drive from where we were at , so off we go... On arrival, the place was packed, but we were lucky enough to get a good parking space, The admission price was a Tad pricey, but manageable, Once in, we could tell it was going to be draining experience, the Zoo is very large, so be prepared to do alotta walking. They had some great exhibits, our favorite by far was the Monkeys,gorillas and chimpanzees.. so here is one of my gripes, Food and drinks are way to expensive, it was very hot this particular day, so we had to get drinks several times throughout the day, which in itself cost me a small fortune. and after looking at the prices on the food, No way! we waited until we left and ate outside the park, They can do better than this.. and this is one thing that really gets me with major attractions ANYWHERE.. they jack the prices up on food, because they know people will buy it, but what about the folks that are their on the limited budgets? they cant afford this.. so i guess in saying that, if you're going on a tight budget, It would probably be a great idea to feed the family before arrival... or you will spend alotta cash. The Gift shop was nice, and the funny thing was, most of the merchandise was affordable, really funny they can make souvenirs affordable, but not food.. all in all, it was great experience, and we will probably go back at some point and take the grandkids, but I seriously think that they can improve on those food and drink prices...Lots to see, lots to do, a really cool destination... try it out!!

Visited April 2012