“A must see if near UTK”

McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture
Ranked #11 of 191 things to do in Knoxville
More attraction details
Owner description: The McClung Museum of Natural History and Culture is a general museum with collections in anthropology, archaeology, decorative arts, local history, and natural history.
South Carolina
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A must see if near UTK”
Reviewed July 3, 2013

A wonderful museum on the campus of UTK. Free to the public. History and awesome artifacts. Something that even smaller children would enjoy.

Visited June 2013

Harrison, Ohio
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“It was... mehhh”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Kind of a mish-mash of collections. Not sure how ancient Egyptian artifacts end up next to Native American items and an exhibit of bird paintings. Nice enough place, but not sure that I get it.

Visited June 2013
26 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 86 helpful votes
“Extremely Informative Museum in our Own Back Yard”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

After living my whole life in Knoxville, I had never been there until now. I even attended classes in the lecture hall and still never explored the museum. My grandson suggested that we go as he had been there before. What a great call that was! There were numerous exhibits at the time including primates and the evolution of man, Cherokee Indians, the Civil War and ancient Japanese culture. The exhibits change so you can go over and over and enjoy something new and educational. The museum was also way bigger than I thought so it took us maybe two hours to roam around. There is no cost either which blew my mind. There were not many people there so you can take your time to really look and read everything you want. I was very in awe of this place and we will most certainly go back.

Visited January 2013
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“Great little museum”
Reviewed June 16, 2013 via mobile

What a great collection. My children ages17, 7 &4 all enjoyed looking around here! My favorite is the foo dogs!

Visited March 2013
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Wonderful Free Museum”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Great little hidden gem on the University of Tennessee's campus. Get a parking pass near entrance and park almost at front door. You will not be disappointed once inside. It is small,but very well done. And Free! Great for singles,families,elderly,etc.

Visited April 2013