“very clean and pet-friendly”

TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff
Ranked #44 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend because my husband and I needed a pet-friendly hotel for our 2 dogs. We had the queen bed studio which was smallish, but efficiently laid out with a well-appointed kitchenette (stovetop, dishwasher, microwave, full-sized fridge, coffeemaker, disposal). It was a little tight for 2 adults + 2 dogs and a crate, but would be perfect for someone traveling on business.

I have to say, it was the cleanest room we've stayed in in a really long time, which is saying a lot .. especially considering the hotel allows pets. Staff was very friendly. They offer a grab-and-go breakfast, but I can't comment on it, since I did not partake. Pet charge was $25/night, which is a steal over what we'd have paid in boarding costs. Did not have any problems with noise, other than hearing another dog barking. We will stay here again if needed. Giving 5 stars because for the tier of hotel this is, I cannot imagine a better or cleaner bang for your buck.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Jeremy M, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded October 11, 2013

Dear bimmerrgirl,

Thank you for your response. I am glad your stay was fantastic and your four-legged friends were comfortable. I will pass this message on to my team. They will be delighted to know you enjoyed your stay. Enjoy your weekend and we look forward to having you as our guest the next time you are in town.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Very nice and very clean....they allow pets through the whole place! This was a plus since I was traveling with my dog. Surprising how many hotels do not allow dogs. Marriot hotels always have a place for you and your four footed friends. The deposit for pets here is only 25$ compared to most hotels charging 100$ non refundable deposit when you have your fur babies with you. It was nice and room, two bedrooms with very comfy beds and a living area and kitchen....everything you need for an extended stay. We didn't have breakfast so I couldn't tell you what they offer but we did get a late checkout at no extra charge....very nice since we checked in at 3 a.m. I am very impressed with Marriot Hotels...plenty of room, comfy beds...all the amenities of home and I can have my dog along for the trip. Kudos Marriot for making it feel like home on the road!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Kari L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2013

Thank you very much for the very nice comments. We absolutly LOVE the four legged family members that stay with us. Our pets are part of our families and we are proud to be part of a hotel chain that reconizes this. We do have strict policies in place to clean the guest rooms so the next guest will be comfortable.So please keep bringing the pets with you.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I stayed here with my family on our way to Vermont. Checked in around 10PM and with management scrambling to accommodate even after I called in advance that same day to inform them of my late arrival. BTW, I am an elite member. Rooms were fine and the sleep was great. Woke early to get on the road 6:00am to discover that the eating area consisted of a wall with a shelf to stand at while you selected from bad fruit and yogurt. This is surely a property management issue, I have stayed many TPS whose breakfast was equal to Marriott concierge style foods. So, don't tell me that's what Marriott's policy is! Don't stay here, pick another property down the way.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank GaryKlimeck
Kari L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded September 2, 2013

Hello my name is Kari Lewis and I am the General Manager for the TownePlace Suites in Knoxville, I am very sad to hear you did not like our hotel and our breakfast offerings. The other hotels you are speaking of are new hotels that were built with the breakfast room and seating areas. Our hotel is 10 years old and when we opened back in 2003 Breakfast was not offered at any Towneplace Suites so until we are renovated with all the new amenities we are trying our best with the breakfast we do offer. All of our breakfast items are individually wrapped and sealed and are made to go, we call our breakfast "Grab and GO' for that reason. We hope that you will come back and visit us again after we have had our renovation so we can give you the Marriott experience you deserve.

Reviewed August 11, 2013

Our family stayed in a 2 bedroom suite Aug 9, 2013, checking out on Sat, Aug. 10. Check-in was great, nice young man at the counter! The room was larger than other 2 bedroom suites we've stayed in. The room was very clean, comfortable beds, large kitchen with full size stove, etc. Now the problem......at approx. 4:45 am on Sat morn, the fire alarms went off in every room for 10 min! People were coming out into the hallways, we didn't smell smoke, so we weren't sure what was up. I tried calling the front desk,no answer, my husband went down to the desk. The night manager couldn't be found! No fire dept. ever came, the manager stayed hidden away, we tried four times to find out what went wrong.....nothing. That's where my issue comes. I realize accidents happen, maybe someone pulled the fire alarm, but I don't know. There was never a call to say "All is Ok", No sorry about the erroneous wake up call, nothing. We went down 4 times trying to find the guy and never could. So I don't think it's a problem with the hotel, but poor communication after an incident like this with the night manager. I wanted to get his name, but since we couldn't find him.... We were on the 2nd floor, with 4 grandkids, trying to get them up and out, for no reason. More than half the people just left. We travel a lot, and I have never had an experience like this before, and hope I never do again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Linda S

Hello my name is Kari Lewis and I am the General manager for the Towne Place suites in Knoxville. I want to start by apologizing to you and your family for first waking you up more than once due to a false alarm and to stand outside not knowing what to do or where to go must have been extremly frustrating. All Marriott hotels have specific instructions for our assciates on how to handle every type of emergency , and this information is gone over with our asscoiates during orientation. We have had two fire drills with our associates to assure each associate will know how to handle an emergency. The associate that was on duty is actually a member of our National Guard so its a little concerning that he did not follow our policies. I believe I have compensated you for your stay and I know it will not give back the sleep you lost but I want you to know I am sincerely sorry that you had unpleasant stay with us. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

The suite was a little small feeling for the money. Very clean and comfortable though. It's worth at least one night stay. Breakfast was the standard no tell motel. Not giving it a bad review just had better.

• Stayed: July 2013
Kari L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2013

We appreciate the excellent kudos for our fabulous team here at the Towneplace Suites in Knoxville. It was a pleasure to serve you. We hope to see you again in the very near future...

Reviewed July 20, 2013

I have stayed here several times on business and leisure. This hotel offers excellent value for the price paid. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The hotel has 3 styles of rooms, including a 2 bedroom suite. There is the standard free continental breakfast, plus waffle irons to make fresh waffles.

The entire staff is very friendly and helpful.

I have 2 future stays booked for this fall.

Room Tip: I prefer rooms overlooking the pool. I like the view better.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo

Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to send a kind note about our hotel. We appreciate feed back from our customers it really boosts our team to know they have done a great job?

Reviewed July 14, 2013 via mobile

I stayed one night with my family of four at this hotel. I was driving cross country and Knoxville was a convenient stop.
This is a no frills extended-stay type place, with simple decor, but it has everything you may need. Having a little kitchenette sure is very convenient even when staying one night.
The place was clean and well kept.
It has a nice little pool too.
But the MOST OUTSTANDING feature in this hotel is its very professional and courteous personnel. We actually left behind our iPhone and iPad chargers. We noticed this on our next stop in the afternoon of the day we had checked out. I called to let them know and within 10 minutes they called me to tell me they had it and would ship it home. I have to pay for the shipping but the fact that they found it and had the honesty to tell me surely stood out to me tremendously.
KUDOS to Marriott and their well trained team at the TownePlace in Knoxville Cedar Bluff. I'm very grateful and will continue to patronize Marriott Hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013

It is always great when someone appreciates the great service you give and is willing to let others know. We really appreciate your family choosing our hotel as you passed thru our city. I am very proud of my entire staff and of couse I think they are the best in Knoxville. It is great to know that our bag it tag it program works for all lost and found items. We hope you and your family will stay with us again real soon.