“For the Price This Place is Great”

TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff
Ranked #45 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
“For the Price This Place is Great”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

For $119 we were able to get a clean suite with two bedrooms and a nice living area. For a family our size, this is one if the best places we've stayed in years.
Breakfast is grab and go, which we expected and had no issues with. We had cereal, yogurt, juice, muffins, and fruit to choose from.
Our bathroom and kitchen had laminate wood flooring, which I really liked. Tile never looks good when the grout is black.
I would request a room that does not face the road. I imagine it can get noisy on a game weekend.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Midland, Michigan
Reviewed January 4, 2013

checked in late NYE on a roadtrip with the family. place was in a good location on the freeway and clean. I needed some milk for the kid and they gave me a couple free cartons, that was nice (and normal at Towneplace from my experience), i woke up too late for breakfast, room was clean and comfortable. looks like cat used the couch as a scratching post in one corner and the vinyl hardwood floor is showing wear but nothing would hold me back from stopping again. nice to have a fridge to put your stuff in while you stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Kari L, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for the kind words about our hotel and staff we really try hard to make our guests feel at home !!!
Munster, Germany
Reviewed November 21, 2012

It was an inexpensive option on my way to visit family for thanksgiving, I was a bit underwhelmed. Im used to staying at higher end places and this hotel was rather dated and the rooms were cramped considering it was called a suite.

But for 10,000 Marriott points you can complain.

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Decent hotel. I wasnt sure of the location but if you are choosing between this and the other Mariott which is more expensive, they actually share parking lots and the other hotel is not any nicer. This would be my choice.

My only complaint- when I arrived the concierge asked me if I had a room preference, I asked to be in a quiet room- away from any parties etc. She said no problem and that the room next to mine asked the same. All was fine until later when a family with little, loud children checked in. Apparently they forgot we didnt want to be bothered...

Location is a little bit away from UT but not a bad commute. Easy, fast and a lot of restaurants surround this.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Georgia
Reviewed June 18, 2012 via mobile

Booked three rooms here on points for my son's graduation from UT. Nice and clean but were told we'd have king beds and upon check in, we all had queen beds. No big problem. Breakfast is granola bars, fruit, etc but it was fine since we had to get up early and get to campus. Not a bad place and the location was convenient as well.

Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank lhwill
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The rooms are decent, it's especially nice to have a little bit larger fridge and a stove to use if you want to cook a meal. It's really nice to have plates and silverware and a dishwasher. Great for my somewhat extended stay here. My only complaint, is that I rely on internet connectivity pretty heavily in order to work, especially remotely from a hotel. The internet for my entire stay, I would not classify as "high-speed" it would take several minutes just for my email to load. Otherwise, I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
David J, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for your kind comments and I have great news! We will have upgraded high-speed internet available in the next couple of weeks. We are on our provider's schedule to have our bandwidth increased from 1.5 megs to 10 megs of bandwidth and are just waiting for the new fiberoptic cable to be pulled.

The next time you're in Knoxville, please check out our greatly increased internet speed!
Rancho Mirage, California
Reviewed May 29, 2012 via mobile

Only took 10,000 Marriott points to stay here. Was a steal. Hotel was very clean. Was a bit startled when stepping into the hall & seeing 2 huge dogs on a leash. Would not have otherwise known any pets were around or heard.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple