“Great Service...Recently Updated!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #44 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Huntsville, Alabama
“Great Service...Recently Updated!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2011

I stay at this hotel routinely because of the staff and recently renovated rooms. The management at this hotel truly does care and it shows on a daily basis. The recently renovated lobby and rooms have a modern decor and it feels like a brand new hotel. The exercise room is outstanding with all new equipment, and is never crowded. Great place to stay when you are away from home.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Arlington, TN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

Based on other reviews I read, I was very weary of staying here. But my family of 5 needed a two-bedroom suite somewhere near Knoxville, and this was the only one I could find available. We stayed one night in a 2-bedroom suite (top floor). We were very happy with both the service and the room. I travel alot and stay at a ton of Marriotts and Hiltons. While this isn't the Waldorf, it was very clean and enjoyable.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Knoxville, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2010

This hotel is noisy and generally uncomfortable. The heating/cooling unit blows directly on the bed so you can't use the fan to drown out the noise from the street and the other rooms. The staff is inexperienced to the point I finally gave up trying to get any form of service. This was the worst experience I have had in a hotel in a very long time.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
TPSknoxville, General Manager at TownePlace Suites Knoxville Cedar Bluff, responded to this review, May 20, 2010
First I would like to thank you for taking the time to bring this service issue to my attention. Service is our number priority and it really concerned me that you felt our staff is inexperienced.
I would like to have the opportunity to discuss the issue with you so I can assure our future guests leave our hotel knowing they had experienced the best service possible.I can be contacted at k.lewis@marriott.com.
Johnson City, Tennessee
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 27, 2010

I am Marriott Rewards member and was trying to show my loyalty. I stayed here two months in a row while in town seeing doctors at Baptist Hospital which is very close. The first time the room we were provided was ok. The second time the room was disgusting. (bad smell, carpet stained, bed linens ripped stained. mold around bath room). The manager provided us an upgraded room which was even worse. I am not one to bash Marriott properties because most are very nice but not this one. There are alot better choices for about the same money.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2009

I have never stayed at a TownePlace Suites before, but thought I would give it a try since I am a Marriott Rewards member and would like to try all of their brands. It is of course an extended stay property with pretty much a full kitchen (small range, microwave, full fridge, etc.). I am a business traveler and I only stayed 1 night. In the future I will stick with Courtyard Marriott or Marriott properties. If you need all the amenities they offer then go for it! If you are on a short trip or on business, you may want to try the Courtyard right across the parking lot. You may find it more to your liking.

There are several restaurants within walking distance (fast food and sit down meals). It is also about 15 mintues from the airport and right off I-40.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business
Nashville
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2009

For the same price -- or slightly less -- I could've stayed at the Marriott Residence Inn directly across the parking lot and gotten: free breakfast, daily room cleaning, and staff that looked up when I approached the desk w/ requests. I was here for an 8-night stay and had an average experience at best. Room smelled like mold / fish, so left windows cracked even with wind chill at about 11 degrees. Asked re: stopped up sink; after 3 days of no fix, just bought some Drain-O myself. On a morning when Internet was not working -- key for me to do my job while on site at hotel -- I got shrugged shoulders and a "We don't have any control over that." (No eye contact, mind you -- just continuing to do what had been done before.) Not getting room refreshed daily -- i.e., having to ask for towels at the front desk as if you're staying at the Y -- is a pain, especially since you're not saving anything by being somewhere with less maid service. Overall, cannot recommend, as you can get more for less and with better service literally 50 feet away.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled on business
      Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank trgdycomdy
Little Rock, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2008

We decided to try this hotel again, after having stayed there exactly three years ago, when we first took our son to school at the Univ. of Tenn. The hotel was new at the time, and we remembered it as being very nice for the money.

This time, there were a few maintenance issues in our room. The ceiling had a very obvious and unattractive patch; there were a few holes in the sheets (which felt like they'd been washed many, many, many times); and there were scuffs and scratches on some pieces of furniture. In other words, it appeared that in the three or so years since the hotel opened, the rooms--at least the one we stayed in--hadn't undergone any updating.

Nevertheless, the room was clean and comfortable, and the staff people at the front desk were friendly and helpful. It's a nice-enough place -- just beginning to need some freshening up.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Room beginning to need some work
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
      Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)