“Great Diner! Marvelous Desserts”

Fountain City Diner
Ranked #123 of 1,187 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Description: Wonderful gem! http://fountaincitydiner.com/cms/
Description: Wonderful gem! http://fountaincitydiner.com/cms/
Powell, Tennessee, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Diner! Marvelous Desserts”
Reviewed August 2, 2012

Have eaten there four times in the past couple of months and the food has been great each time. The home made pies always looks great and the two cheesecakes we've tried are the best we've had anywhere. I've had desserts that cost 50% more than these that were nowhere close to as good.

• Visited July 2012

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Sinker... :(”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

Oh no!!! I hate to say it but we were terribly disappointed. It took us forever to be seated, when it wasn't even busy!!! I'm not sure if they were just understaffed but there were open tables & had to wait at least 20 to be seated. When we did get our food it was cold & extremely bland. We will not be going back there again. I'm sorry guys :(

• Visited February 2012
3 Thank Venables140
knoxville
“Hooked!”
Reviewed June 15, 2012

A friend suggested that we eat here because of the proximity to her home. That was all it took for me to be addicted. I had a cheeseburger and onion rings. The burger was real good and the onion rings were the best ever. My friend had the BBQ quesidillas. I had a bite and they were so good that I went back in a few days with my family and ordered those. The chocolate and butterscotch pies are also delicious from the crust to the drizzle on the top.

The diner is simple but spotless. The servers are always attentive and a manager or owner usually stops by the table. This is an excellent place to go for homecooking, burgers, salads, sandwiches, homemade desserts, and ice cream.

• Visited June 2012
Knoxville, Tennessee
“The food is always freshly prepared quality ingredients....a gem of a diner.”
Reviewed May 28, 2012

I have been repeatedly impressed by the selections I've had at Fountain City Diner. I'm a local, so I eat there usually at least once a week.
In particular, I find that the chicken tastes very fresh, of high quality. The vegetables taste like they came out of a garden, and the Greek salad is exceptional.
The desserts look scrumptious, but I'm always too full to try them. Excellent coffee, too.
Very friendly and courteous staff, always want to please. I highly recommend this neighborhood diner for any of their three daily meals.

• Visited May 2012