“Plenty of very good stuff other than oysters”
Review of Shuck Raw Bar & Ale - CLOSED

Shuck Raw Bar & Ale
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night
Description: shuckrawbar.com
Reviewed November 23, 2013

I'm not much for oysters but there is plenty here. All the seafood is great. One of my guys just got a burger and like it a lot. Good beer selection. I'l be back

There are newer reviews for Shuck Raw Bar & Ale

Reviewed November 23, 2013

OK, I literally have never written a review before. But what was probably my most disappointing meal in Knoxville compelled me to write this. My wife and I had the rare opportunity for a surprise couple of free hours as our children where busy elsewhere. We decided to try a new place for dinner.
The server was the best, the food however was the worst. I ordered the oyster po boy. When it arrived I thought I may have ordered the appetizer by mistake the entire sandwich could fit in the palm of my hand. Upon inspection there where three oysters about a 1/2" across on each side of the sliced sandwich. It was mostly fried batter. Lettuce, tomato and lots of dressing made for a mush sandwich. And here's the kicker, half way through the second sandwich I bit into a rock. My jaw stung for an hour. The coleslaw was tasty enough, all one fork full and a half of it. the potato chips where hard as a rock and greasy. I ate one only. All this for only $15.00, what a deal "sarcasm". Although they did comp the meal and apologize, I don't plan to ever go back, not with all the other choices in Knoxville.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

Originally one of the most innovative and fun casual restaurants in K-town at its original location. We loved the ambience, food and staff. Now it's overpriced ($58 for a dozen Lucky Lime oysters, $24 for a "chef's choice" dozen), stingy with its portions (good luck finding the fish buried beneath a fistful of stale shredded iceberg lettuce in the fish tacos) and maintains a woefully inadequate wine list. I'm saddened to write this review but maybe it will move the owners to restore the old luster. In the meantime give it a pass.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

If raw oysters are your thing and you haven't been to Shuck, then you've made a huge mistake. The best oysters (and broadest selection) that you can find this far inland.

The space is small (you could consider it intimate). I had been here before when it housed Nama. The ceviche was good too.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Shuck is just good. The food is creative, tasty and a good value. The only negative is that the portions, particularly at lunch, can be small.