“Tasty food average service”
Review of The Chop House

The Chop House
Ranked #64 of 1,187 Restaurants in Knoxville
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Richmond, Virginia
“Tasty food average service”
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Went here with a party of 7 for a gathering of friends. The food met expectations, although my steak (ordered COLD CENTER RARE) was medium rare, at best. It was, however, a very tasty piece of beef. The crispy green beans with banana peppers were delicious and different. Service was average, not neglectful, but certainly not overly attentive despite the fact that the restaurant was not full when we visited. Our server was pleasant, with a good sense of humor. All in all, I would certainly go here again and give them another shot at cooking the steak properly.

• Visited February 2014

Knoxville, Tennessee
“"Consistently an excellent restaurant."”
Reviewed November 26, 2013

I visited The Chop House with two friends on Monday evening, 11-25-13. The restaurant has a warm, cozy atmosphere with an upscale ambience. I ordered ribeye steak, and it was grilled to perfection. My friends raved about the awesome flavor of the prime rib. Hayley was our waitress and was very attentive to our table. I have eaten at this restaurant many times in the last few years and always look forward to going back. Each visit has been a very pleasant experience. I will be purchasing several Chop House gift cards this Christmas season to give to family and friends!

Franklin, Tennessee
1,271 restaurant reviews
“Average food, good service and nice bar area.”
Reviewed November 14, 2013

Went the other night for business dinner on recommendation from someone local in the area. The atmosphere was nice at the bar. (Wine list was weak and prices by the glass overpriced). The food overall was just ok and over priced for quality. They don't carry Prime steaks but call themselves a chop house. (They had a small special with a prime steak on it). Nice ambience but not worth the price.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
“Ruined evening”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My father-in-law lives in Oak Ridge and turned 91 on Sunday 11/3/13. My wife and I came up from Chattanooga and took him to Chop House on his birthday. We have come here on several occasions in the past and have always had a pleasant experience. This, however, was not one of them.
The greeter at the door was pleasant and we arrived we were seated promptly. Our waitress introduced herself and was pleasant as well. She took our drink order and the drinks came quickly. I had coffee and my wife and father-in-law had wine. A short time later our waitress came back to take our order. I ordered prime rib and my wife and father-in-law both ordered filet. We all ordered our meat medium rare. We didn't see much of our waitress after that. When the food came out someone else brought it to our table. The waitress came while she was putting the plates on the table. She brought me another cup of coffee since mine was empty. After that we didn't see her again. I was not able to get another refill of coffee (generally I drink 3 or 4 cups during a meal). Was very disappointed in that lack of service.
My prime rib was cooked to my request, medium rare. However, my wife's filet and my father-in-law's filet were medium well. I offered to send it back but they said no. That sort of thing embarrasses my wife. Also that meant that I would have been eating while they were waiting for their food to come or, more likely, I would have waited till their food came and then mine would have been cold and neither of them wanted that to happen.
The dry, overcooked meat, which neither finished ruined the night for all of us.
In addition the lights were so low it was difficult to see. When the check came I had to get out my cell phone and use the flashlight app in order to read the bill. That embarrassed my wife. But what was I to do?
Not sure I will go back again.

Saint Louis
“Dinner on the road”
Reviewed October 29, 2013

The Chop House was recommended by the staff at the motel and at the winery, both just across the I-40 interchange. Very busy night due to Tennessee football weekend. We were told it would be a 45 minute wait but turned out to be closer to twice that. Property is next door to a Bass Pro store and some smaller shops, one being a Beef Jerky Outlet (who knew). We browsed these while waiting. They hostess said they would call my cell phone when the table was ready but the call never came.

Once in the meal was very good. Petite Pork Chop was just the right size with huge sweet potato and vegetable for $9.00!

First cup of coffee had grounds in it and didn't seem right. Asked for a new cup and the request was graciously accepted. They comped the coffee too. It turns out a new person didn't put the filter in the coffee brewer.

• Visited October 2013