“Don't go”

Cheddar's
Ranked #78 of 1,207 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 11, 2012

Waited half an hour for our meal to arrive, a hamburger and fish tacos. The server said "someone grabbed your fish tacos, that's why it is so late". Obviously the medium rare hamburger sat there the whole time as it was well done when it arrived and also had no seasoning. Our iced teas were never refilled despite a seemingly endless parade of servers who circled around and around more than the Sioux around Custer.

1  Thank Ruth B

Reviewed August 9, 2012

This place is very popular in Knoxville. The portions are large and prices are very reasonable.
They always serve a crescent with your salad that is drizzled with honey, so delicious!!
If you order an appetizer, chips and homemade queso, your server will ask you if you want ground beef in the cheese. Say yes, there is no charge for this and they only charge $3.99 for this with unlimited chips. The chicken finger platter is humongous, even the hungriest will get full. Good service as always and if your not too full order the Ultimate Monster Cookie for $4.49 and plan to share. It takes them about 15 minutes to prepare so if you know you are getting it go ahead and order it at the end of your meal so you don't have to wait so long. It is absolutely AMAZING!!!

Reviewed July 27, 2012 via mobile

Always packed. Good food. Good portions. Usually pretty loud inside. All in all an enjoyable meal. Wait staff very attentive. A lot of smiling faces-staff seems glad they work there.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

Awesome food, awesome service, and AWESOME alcoholic beverages, lol. Celebrated my mother's birthday at this restaurant... VERY glad we did! I had never eaten at a Cheddar's before, but can't wait to go back! :)

Reviewed July 16, 2012

I have heard great reviews about Cheddars from friends for over a year now and decided to try for myself finally. Went with a friend who had never been there either. Went on a Saturday, arrived at 4pm and was told the wait for a table would be 15 to 20 minutes. We were seated within 10 minutes so that was even better. I ordered a philly cheesesteak sandwhich with a side of broc casserole and my friend ordered the lemon pepper chicken also with broc casserole and she got a side of carrots as well. The sandwhich was great! That is one of my favorite sandwhich's depending on where it comes from and this one did not dissapoint. She liked her chicken as well and I tasted it and its something I would definitely order myself. Portions were good and the cost of my meal with an iced tea was $11 total and hers was $13. My only regret is I ate too much to try a dessert!