“Food was great, waitress was grumpy”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #106 of 1,197 Restaurants in Knoxville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We love eating at Mimi's and have never had a bad experience, but our waitress this particular morning was very abrupt and short...especially with our kids. I know Sunday's are busy, but being rude to little girls will not score you a good tip from this mom. The kids did not receive the food they ordered, and proper corrections were never made. We have been dining here for many years, but I am not sure I will subject my family to that kind of treatment again.

1  Thank firegirl41
There are newer reviews for Mimi's Cafe

Reviewed August 17, 2013

This was our first visit to a Mimi's and we really liked it. The food rated a 5, but the wine selection wasn't great. The menu has lots of interesting offerings and we want to return to try some more dishes and flights of wine. We like the idea of having small portions of 4 different wines with dinner, but the normal selection wasn't great. Next time we'll create our own flights. Unfortunately we don't live close enough to visit often. The service was great.

1  Thank Jan L
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Some places you dine and stare at you guests because it is too loud to even carry on a conversation. Mimi's offers a great assortment of food at a reasonable price and in a calm atmosphere. You don't need to spend an hour there but it is such a comfortable place you just may take your time and enjoy your self and isn't the the reason you eat out? Chicken Crepes are fantastic as are the fried artichoke hearts. A great choice in Turkey Creek Center.

1  Thank John T
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Ate with a friend at an "off" time, so it was not busy. We had great service- server Jennifer was very friendly and nice. Food came quickly- we didn't order anything crazy- just the soup &
Sandwich 1/2-&-1/2. The grilled cheese was SO good- uses maybe 5 different kinds of cheese, and a very large sort of sour-dough-ish kind of bread. I had the Corn Chowder, I sure will get THAT again! My pal had the Tomato-Basil Bisque, loved it. I saw an awful lot of other things on the menu that I need to try----guess I'll be going back again soon, cuz I have COUPONS!!! Don't know about you, but I like nice "homey" food, doesn't have to be anything wild-- Grilled Cheese and soup is about as "ordinary" as you can get, and it was hearty and flavorful, just the way I like it! Next--- the CREPES!!!! The restaurant was chilly- they could cut back the AC a little bit.

1  Thank 1Buckaroo1
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had been for breakfast several years ago and liked the place but it was very busy. This time we went on a weekday evening for dinner and had none of the problems listed here. We were seated immediately and the waitress came right over. Drinks were prompt as was the food. In fact it was almost too quick. Our entree arrived before we had a chance to finish our soup. She checked back with us to see if we needed anything. The problem? The food was just average tasting. Nothing to rave over. Also the next is a matter of personal preference not necessarily a criticism. I have no problem with a "light meal" section of a menu but I don't want to see calories listed for everything on the menu. When I dine out I just want to eat what appeals to me and forget the consequences. Putting calories on the menu adds a bit of guilt to what could be a pleasant dining experience.