“Great food in a great atmosphere.”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Ranked #102 of 1,212 Restaurants in Knoxville
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Some places you dine and stare at you guests because it is too loud to even carry on a conversation. Mimi's offers a great assortment of food at a reasonable price and in a calm atmosphere. You don't need to spend an hour there but it is such a comfortable place you just may take your time and enjoy your self and isn't the the reason you eat out? Chicken Crepes are fantastic as are the fried artichoke hearts. A great choice in Turkey Creek Center.

1  Thank John T

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Ate with a friend at an "off" time, so it was not busy. We had great service- server Jennifer was very friendly and nice. Food came quickly- we didn't order anything crazy- just the soup &
Sandwich 1/2-&-1/2. The grilled cheese was SO good- uses maybe 5 different kinds of cheese, and a very large sort of sour-dough-ish kind of bread. I had the Corn Chowder, I sure will get THAT again! My pal had the Tomato-Basil Bisque, loved it. I saw an awful lot of other things on the menu that I need to try----guess I'll be going back again soon, cuz I have COUPONS!!! Don't know about you, but I like nice "homey" food, doesn't have to be anything wild-- Grilled Cheese and soup is about as "ordinary" as you can get, and it was hearty and flavorful, just the way I like it! Next--- the CREPES!!!! The restaurant was chilly- they could cut back the AC a little bit.

1  Thank 1Buckaroo1
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had been for breakfast several years ago and liked the place but it was very busy. This time we went on a weekday evening for dinner and had none of the problems listed here. We were seated immediately and the waitress came right over. Drinks were prompt as was the food. In fact it was almost too quick. Our entree arrived before we had a chance to finish our soup. She checked back with us to see if we needed anything. The problem? The food was just average tasting. Nothing to rave over. Also the next is a matter of personal preference not necessarily a criticism. I have no problem with a "light meal" section of a menu but I don't want to see calories listed for everything on the menu. When I dine out I just want to eat what appeals to me and forget the consequences. Putting calories on the menu adds a bit of guilt to what could be a pleasant dining experience.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Ate here the night of July 4th during torrential downpours in Knoxville. My wife and I had a great meal and would definitely eat here again.

1  Thank LMAM
Reviewed July 11, 2013

On our way home from vacation we stopped in Knoxville and decided to eat at Mimi's, which we love. We had the worst experience ever. It was late, but the food was bad, service too. Ordered off their Fresh & Fit menu (pointed while I asked a question about it). Server wrote it down incorrectly because they brought me the "full meal". Luckily I heard the manager ask if it was to have gravy on top and stopped that. The turkey was luke warm at best, potatoes cold (didn't want them anyway), dressing barely warm (didn't want them either). Finally I got the brown rice I wanted and it had been microwaved. Drinks were NEVER refilled. We will not be going back again.