The Fruit and Berry Patch - CLOSED
Review Highlights
End of An Era

Reviewed July 10, 2018
429carlah
Great place to take the little one!

Reviewed August 8, 2017
Marshall B
Knoxville

All reviews fried pies pick strawberries blackberries slushies field plants
Reviewed July 10, 2018

Sadly, this 80+ acre farm has been sold. It will now be a housing development (SURPRISE) for more crappy traffic in our neighborhood. Too many homes per acre.

1  Thank 429carlah
Reviewed June 18, 2018 via mobile

This was a great place and we went there a few times but sad to say they have closed.

Per their FB page:
Most of you know we are closing down the farm. Next week on May 10th through the 13th we are having an estate sale. This includes kitchen equipment, barns, farm equipment, irrigation, also parts of the house is for sale. This is a cash only sale. No checks or credit cards accepted. Hours will be from 8am to 4pm each day. There will not be anything sold before the 10th. The restraunt kitchen is up for sale but sold separate from the estate sale. Its 12x24 portable building. Perfect for someone who caters or even business or churches needing a small kitchen at a very good price. Please message me through messenger for the details on the estate or restraunt kitchen.

1  Thank carriejmayer
Reviewed June 7, 2018

It appears this farm may have been sold and is no longer operating as before. I did not visit but tried to access their site.

1  Thank msaardvark
Reviewed August 8, 2017

I work as youth minister at a local Knoxville church and also drive our church bus for all our activities. I've taken our Mothers Day Out children to the Fruit and Berry Patch for years. They love it!

2  Thank Marshall B
Reviewed July 31, 2017 via mobile

My wife and kids stopped here on the way back north as we were looking for something to do for an hour....we ended up staying for 3 hours. Jeff and Don are some of the nicest people we have ever met. They treated us like family. My 4 year old followed Don around like his own grandfather, and he was great with my boy. Jeff was like our personal chef, preparing us flavorful steaks and chopped pork sandwiches accompanied with his sweet bbq beans and homemade coleslaw. He also included dessert of fried blueberry pie and berry cobbler over ice cream. The kids had hot dogs and cool, refreshing slushies on a hot afternoon. We picked blackberries and peaches. Grapes were also available but we didn't pick any. We were pleasantly surprised to find an apple butter sweetened with splenda for a diabetic family member. After eating and picking we sat in the rocking chairs and around the picnic table and talked. We talked like people. We were not rushed away or forgotten about. We just hung out like we had know each other for years, it was great. Definitely deserves a visit. I will address some other reviews quickly. Someone wrote, overgrown. Well there were at least 3 guys working the fields, cutting grass and doing other "chores", so the plants and grounds are tended to. Another wrote not much fruit, well people leave with buckets and boxes full of fruit and plants only produce so much fruit so eventually fruit will be gone. Someone else wrote the prices were higher than a store, well yes maybe but you are picking off the plant, you know exactly how fresh you are eating, and fresh picked flavor cannot be beat, and I dont think prices were high at all. Actually in my case I thought I didnt pay enough for everything we purchased and the service we received. We will be back to visit and I wish them all the best because they were genuinely nice guys.

4  Thank matthewp714
Reviewed July 27, 2017

This farm is in horrible condition. All of the orchards and berry patches are overgrown. It is clear that there is not much care taken of the farm. Beware: always ask up front for the specific prices. Although they said that I am the only person who hasn't asked, they have a "you pick, you buy" policy. When I found out that the cost of you pick was higher than if I had bought at a local store, I was stuck spending a small fortune on fruit. It would have been cheaper for me to buy from the vendor on the street than to have picked it myself. I have to question whether I am the only one who made this expensive mistake, given they have a policy in place and the gentleman was VERY aggressive about it. I would hate for someone else to fall into this trap.

2  Thank Avid_Local_Purchaser
Fruitberrypatch, Owner at The Fruit and Berry Patch, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2017

This was no trap!! You came into my farm telling my employees you knew were everything was. You didn't even ask how much our product was. You took apon yourself to pick 5 full baskets of peaches at cost of $158.00. Then tried bullying my employ in refusing to pay for it. Even you admitted how stupid that was to pick without asking. You also admitted to my employ that you saw my Facebook posting about the peaches and which prices are clearly stated there. Truthfully I feel you were trying to pull a fast one on my employ and trying to steal from us. As far asking the prices, anytime you go to a store you always look or ask for the price or do you go pick it up and go to the register then argue with the cashier over the price???? For the record I was far from aggressive but I did stand strong and not let you try walking over me like you were trying to walk over my employ.

Reviewed July 21, 2017 via mobile

We were disappointed with the selection of u-pick available. We were under the impression there was more available at the time we went. They also serve up some homemade canned goods as well as other canned goods, fried pies, frozen fruit drinks and they even have steaks. Picnic tables outside. We visited other places in TN, similar, that were much nicer and cleaner.

3  Thank IslandGirlTraveler
Reviewed July 15, 2017

This is a nice little farm close to Knoxville to eat lunch and pick strawberries. It's very low-key and relaxed so just show up and enjoy yourself.

Reviewed April 21, 2017

Great staff. Very helpful and knowledgeable. Best local grown produce in the area, bar none. Convenient and accessible

Reviewed April 11, 2017

My granddaughter loves to visit this place and ride the trailer behind the tractor to the fields. It is fun to pick your own pumpkins from the field.