“Authentic and Delicious”

Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
“Authentic and Delicious”
Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I discovered this gem on Groupon. SO glad I did! My grandmother, a very picky eater, loved the food too. They close at 7 pm so plan to get there early or call in a take out order. It is owned and operated by a husband and wife who make you feel welcome. It is a market, so don't be surprised by the simple surroundings. If I could afford to eat there every day I would. Healthy. Large portions. Short wait. Pay after you eat.

Visited June 2013

Peoria, Illinois
“Great stop on the way to Pigeon Forge!”
Reviewed June 27, 2013 via mobile

Delicious beef and chicken kebabs in a pita, the best hummus we've ever had, gracious and friendly owners, and a small specialty food store make this place a great stop for lunch!

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Consistently Delicious”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Eating at the Holy Land Market is a total experience. It's a unique Restaurant and a wonderful Middle Eastern Grocery Store as well. You will find things there like lamb products, including ground lamb, lamb shanks, three different kinds of sesame seeds, several varieties of olives and the list goes on and on.
The food is prepared personally by the owners, Denise and Walter and his cousin. We have eaten there several times and the food is consistently Delicious. The other night, my wife had lasagna and I had stuffed cabbage, both were extremely Terrific. Walter even prepared a special desert for us. The Turkish Coffee is the real deal.
I took a friend there for lunch yesterday and he said it's his new favorite restaurant. Dan is a Humus Gourmet and he said The Holy Land has the best humus he has ever had. Denise makes six different kinds.
Once you eat there, you'll be back!

1 Thank dgorden
Bluefield, Virginia
“Best food ever!!”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I were on our honeymoon and we wanted something good to eat. This place is the place to go!! I am Greek and a tough sell on what is good Greek food, but the owners really know their way around a kitchen. I highly recommend eating here!

1 Thank TARDISchaser138
Charlottesville, Virginia
“OMG!!! Best Food in K'town!”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

The food is great and so is the staff. My 3 adult children and I make a trip to Holy Land a "must do" every time we are together. I have never eaten anything there that wasn't delicious. We try some new salad every time we go. My son is partial to the gyros and my daughters love the lamb stuffed grape leaves. I love the hummus and the various salads; tabouleh, fatoush, and a delicious chick pea one. I can't say enough great things about this place . The owners are helpful and friendly . My absolute favorite restaurant in Knoxville - best food ever.*****

1 Thank hoduwine