“small rooms”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Knoxville
Ranked #63 of 86 Hotels in Knoxville

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
TULLAHOMA
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I have stayed here about 6 months ago and was very happy. The room was clean and I had no complaints. Because we have child about to enter UT, I was happy that we had found a good place for our visits.
Our most recent stay was horrible. I understand construction, but our room was disgusting. A hole in the wall, stained sheets that appeared to be blood, gum underneath the phone desk, shoe prints on the wall. I don't think the room had been cleaned, except for the bed being made.
I love the idea of a small room for a lower price, but I don't think clean and hygenic is too much to ask.
The night clerk at front desk was not helpful.. The morning clerk was kind and very apologetic. She did switch me to a cleaner room.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank LAURA D
Reviewed June 24, 2013 via mobile

My girlfriend and I were taking a trip up to Cincinnati for a wedding so we decided to stay in Knoxville and I found this Microtel, thinking what a great price. Yes it was under renovation when we arrived which is fine because it happens, when we arrived the front staff was very very helpful and very nice people. We walked into our room, only had 2 complaints, one being the room did have an odd smell to it. Possibly could be something that didnt dry right or possibly mold (hopefully not). Second, something I've noticed that no one has mentioned, behind the bed was a very very large mirror, so when you walk into the room it gives it a very odd feeling to the room. Not sure the purpose of it but it was odd. Bed was alright, shower was actually pretty nice. Breakfast was average nothing special. Overall it's a decent value for staying a night.

• Stayed June 2013
Palmerston North, New Zealand
Reviewed June 21, 2013

Used a coupon for a cheaper rate and had no problems what so ever with the hotel or the room. The staff were very polite and the breakfast was OK for the price we paid for our stay.
It is in a good central location for the stores, restaurants and other places we wanted to visit. Would use this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple