“Hands down the worst hotel I have ever had the displeasure of staying in.”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Knoxville
Ranked #64 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed July 31, 2011

Super rude staff, the eminentes were substandard, the cable didn't work, not even the plumbing worked, which in 2 days never was fixed, nor would they move me to another room, because I was paying with CASH!!! Do not stay here

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank chevyridinlow
There are newer reviews for Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Knoxville

Reviewed June 28, 2011

Clean comfortable room at a reasonable price. Great for a last minute stay. Close to shopping and food.

• Stayed: June 2011
Reviewed June 25, 2011

Ok I am not a person who writes review but I thought I should. The night we check in she didnt tell us anything what time breakfast was nothing about the internet she was not the nicest person . The room was nice and clean The next morning I had to be at the Flea Mtk so it was about a 30 minute round trip my husband drove me there when he got back to our room they had came in and took our towels , didn't leave us any didn't empty the trash or anything oh they did open the curtains. My husband waited they never brought towels they didnt even come back to the room .I had to go get towels and trashbags, i ask why they had not done anything no one knew talk to a manager I try to the next morning I had to be at work again . I called a few times after we got home at 12 midnight I got to talk to a manager, I do not think she really believe me but she was very nice no one ever contacted me over the matter . The way I understood it was because my husband came back they did not come back to our room even tho he left again. That was my 3rd and last time I will stay there, back to the faithful Super 8 . Oh I did get I am sorry about 5 times but nothing else .The lady at the front desk was not a people person , the lady that was there after 5 was super nice. The bed was very comfy breakfast was good .

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank MAMAW2XS
Reviewed May 14, 2011

I attempted to book online, and got a special online quote, as was unable to complete the reservation. I contacted the hotel directly and was told I could get the same price. I asked two times if that was the final price, I was told it was and booked the room. When I got there, the so called owner who I had spoken to on the phone, quoted me $18 more than the online quote and stated it was taxes. I showed him my online print out of the online quote and showed him that taxes were already included. He told me he would not honor the online price and if I wanted it I needed to book on line, but that the online reservation was closed for the day. I told him I had called him, personally, at 1000 eariler in the morning and now it was 1400 that I could not book online. He told me, then I guess you can't get the rate. I asked him if remembered our conversation and his confirmation that I could get the online quote, he stated that he told me that the quote didnt' include his extra tax. I then asked to see the owner and he responded that he was the owner. I asked if he as the owner would lose a customer over charging an extra $18 and he stated "yes, no problem." Do not trust this hotel. It is worth the extra money to frequent another establishment that is honest, true to their word and believes in customer service. Substandard service and dishonest.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank dm48226
Reviewed March 7, 2011

i went there to rent a non smoking room which they could not provide after trying to give me a smoking room i decided not to stay cause the hotel was also dirty and smelly with drunks walking around so i left later to find out they charged my credit card for the room i never took now i no they are thiefs to .. do yourself a favor and stay far away from this hotel also the overweight mgr verbally abused me what a place micro tell corp should shut this place down its giving them a bad name ...

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed February 6, 2011

Not overly fancy, but very adequate to stop for the night when travelling to Florida. Lots of restruants nearby. Hotel was clean, quiet & staff was friendly. Plan on staying there again in March

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 2, 2011

This is a less extensive review than I normally give due to the fact that my boyfriend and I only stayed a few hours to get some sleep on our drive home from Florida to Michigan. We didn't get to enjoy any of the amenities including the breakfast because we checked out about 4am. However, the clerk who checked us out did offer to make us some coffee for the road. This place was great about getting us checked in late and checked out early. They gave us a decent rate for not having a reservation and being low on rooms (the parking lot was packed). The room was clean, the bed was comfortable, and it was a quiet area so we slept good.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple