“Quiet, convenient, inexpensive, full kitchen”

Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills
Ranked #57 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed June 9, 2014

The ESA hotel in East Knoxville is on a quiet side street off main drag Kingston Pike. As most of the guests are there on business, they tend to be quiet themselves, so our stay was relaxing. For convenience, there's a very large shopping mall, West Town, and a Super Target store within walking distance (on sidewalks) of ESA. Kingston Pike takes you into the heart of Knoxville and the UTK campus. The rates are good, and for long-term stays, there's a full kitchen with stove, refrigerator, and microwave.

Room Tip: Be aware, there's no elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this reviewResponded June 12, 2014

John - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a quiet and convenient stay an affordable rate. As well, it's great to hear that you were pleased with our location and our fully equipped kitchens. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay America. We hope to see you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed May 25, 2014

Staff was very helpful and courteous. Room was clean. Bed and pillows comfortable. Well equipped kitchen. Television channel selection was mediocre and base wi-fi is just ok. This is the second year I have stayed at this property and will do so again when in Knoxville. Excellent value.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. I am so glad that our staff was helpful to you during visit and that you enjoyed your room. As well, it is great to know that the amenities we had to offer met all of your needs.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed April 6, 2014

This is the second time we have stayed at this location... Housekeeping still has a few issues... The smell is considerably better in the hallways... I want to make a special mention of the GSR that was here when we checked in... Her name is Kassie Payne, she was very kind and welcoming, she was able to upgrade from a small to a bigger room with out any problems.... She made us feel as if she had known us her entire life... very comforting being away from home

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Stayed here for 2 months whilst relocating to the US. The room was clean, the staff helpful and courteous, and the price for the 2 month rate which they offer was very good value (essentially a short term lease - which was advertised on an apartment website as a studio apartment). The hotel is also right on the downtown bus route which was handy for someone like me who initially did not have a car. Ultimately, this was the perfect choice for someone in my situation and I would have no qualms about staying here again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed January 7, 2014

Alright, so it's not the Marriott, but it was pretty good considering what you pay for the room. The lady at the desk was very nice and helpful. Check in was easy and the room was clean. Rooms have a TV and small kitchen. No elevator, but there really aren't that many stairs, so it wasn't an issue. The grab and go breakfast was better than I expected, too. All and all, had a good stay.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank kluthi1934
Reviewed November 15, 2013

This is one of the nicest hotels for the money when one is travelling for over a year in business...
One downfall is that there is no elevator for 3 floors..the logistics is that the office/front desk check in area is on the ground level, then there are sets of stairs to the second floor in the lobby..and stairs to the upper and lower levels..very difficult when one has health/senior mobility issues..even for groceries etc...
Over all it was nice, quiet, NO undesirable individuals, the beds all have comfortable sealed coverlets on the boxsprings and mattresses for insects..which are common in even the best places..kitchenette and the bathrooms were very clean..

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

It is so rewarding to read that you had a great stay with us. Thank you for your comments. I am very sorry that our hotel does not offer an elevator which made mobility a little more challenging. Still, I am glad that you enjoyed your comfortable, quiet room and found it to be clean overall.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

First room I was given was not cleaned. But they were able to give me a clean room relatively quickly. So not too inconvenient. However, the checkin process altogether probably took 30 minutes. They didn't seem to be prepared for the checkins that day. And the final bill did not reflect a discount I was given in the reservation. So I had to ask for it, which took about another 15 minutes to complete. Also, the assistance at the front desk was minimal. We got down to the lobby with about 5-10 minutes left before breakfast was over. All the food and coffee was gone. Lady at the front desk was sipping on coffee when someone asked if she could make some coffee around 9am. She stated she couldn't help. So the service was definitely lacking here.

Room was adequate, defintely good for the price. I may would stay here again in the future. But I'd certainly look around in hopes of staying at a place with better service. If I stayed here again, it would be reluctantly.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I sincerely apologize that you did not receive quality service. In response to your feedback, I have met with the front desk staff to reiterate proper breakfast and courtesy procedure. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel.

If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at kwh2@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.