“Excellent value.”

Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills
Ranked #56 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed November 19, 2012

My wife and I stayed here three nights and we were very pleased. The room was clean and comfortable with a flat-screen TV and a recliner. The bed was just the right firmness for both of us. We appreciated and used the kitchen microwave and refrigerator. If you don't mind not having daily housekeeping service or little things like shampoo provided, this is an excellent value for the price. The area is good with lots of restaurants, a Trader Joe's nearby, and a shopping mall a short distance away. We have no complaints whatsoever.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 12, 2012

I must admit that I was weary about staying here after reading the previous (and somewhat mixed) reviews. I am a travel RN and this hotel was verbally recommended by another nurse who was also travelling to the area. My room was extremely clean overall. Granted the bedding, television, and decor had been updated to the modern scheme, but the furniture and kitchen appliances were old, but in good shape and working condition. About an hour after I checked in, the front desk called to make sure my room was what I had expected which is something that has not happened at other, "nicer," establishments that I have stayed and I was quite impressed. The only complaint would be the constant slamming of the doors by other guests, but it was not unbearable. The staff was extremely friendly and I will definitely stay here again. I am glad that I didn't solely rely on the negative reviews in this case.

Room Tip: If you ask for the AAA rate, they will give it to you. It's only a couple of dollars, but every...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2012

The room itself was clean but the sofa looked so old & stained I would not sit on it. I placed a towel over the chair to sit on. The carpet and floors were clean and the room smelled clean but everything (other than the brand new TV) looked old and worn. We were placed at the end of a hall which made me feel a little unsafe since the back exit door was right beside our door. However, the hall, which had very dirty carpet and peeling paint, smelled so bad with cigarette smoke and other things that I cannot identify, I am glad I was at the end and did not have to walk down the hall. At check in the person working was having computer problems and could not run my credit card. He said he would slip the receipt under my door. I went out for the evening and when I came back the receipt was laying on my coffee table. I am not comfortable with someone coming in my room without my knowledge. On our first morning there, someone (I am assuming it was the cleaning person) unlocked my door at 7am and attempted to come in. Luckily we had the extra lock over the door and she was not able to completely open it. Also, 2 messages were left on the phone for my room from the front desk during my 2 day stay for someone - i assume the prior guest - that they had a package to pick up at the front desk. Did the employees not know who was staying in the room? On the surface, the room was clean but the furniture and hall way were so run down and dirty looking that I would never stay here again or recommend this to anyone.

Room Tip: Just don't
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Susan S
Reviewed October 10, 2012

Big/clean bed, good air conditioning, full kitchen. The only negative I can think of is that there is no elevator. So if you have any amount of luggage, having a room on the 3rd floor becomes
exercise.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2012

Thank you for your great review of our property. I'm glad that you enjoyed this hotel. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

Staff was friendly. The manager and staff were very nice and accommodating! I had a flat screen tv with showtime and espn. No vht or mtv though. I had enough towels and toiletries I not onced had to ask for more. The room and bathroom was really clean. Kitchen literally fully equipped. The windows opened in the room. The location was safe and convenient to food places, gas stations and the mall. They should just install more air freshners in the hallways some ppl cook the darnedest things in there rooms lol. Overall I enjoyed my stay and I'm a very picky person when it comes to places I will sleep. I definitely recommend. Great price, where you can enjoy a nice and quiet stay.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank ldf254

Reviewed September 18, 2012

we stayed her on the way back from nags head I booked this hotel when planning our trip to the outer banks so we would have a for sure place to stop on our way back to tx Yes it's a really long drive.This was the creepest place we'v ever stayed. The room was clean and the staff was very warm and friendly.So this in know way reflectson them in anyway. The hall smelled of vomet and poo. The room was put togather backwards the bed was under the ac unit (yes the bed) so if you sitting on the bed it's so loud you can't hear anything.My husband hit his head on it twice,both times he was half asleep. Since we are both smokers I am always glad when we can get a smoking room but I alway want a window to open when I went to open the curtian and I couldn't belive I was looking under someones truck (it had an oil leak) thats how much I could see under it. But like I said it was just a stop on the long drive home but next time we go through we will not stay here stayed 9/14/12

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank carolyn b
cripley, Owner at Extended Stay America - Knoxville - West Hills, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Reviewed August 1, 2012

The rooms were very clean; the property was quiet and safe. The hotel manager, Didier, was extremely kind and helpful; as was the night clerk. This was a great experience, and a great value. Some areas were smokey, but I only had to pass through those. I returned for a second stay, based on the very positive experience I had the first time. I would highly recommend this property. It is also near a large mall, lots of choices for meals and entertainment venues.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business