“BEWARE: they give confirmed rooms away.” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Clarion Inn & Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Clarion Inn & Suites
Ranked #55 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Brentwood, Tennessee, United States
“BEWARE: they give confirmed rooms away.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2011

I called at 3PM to confirm our reservation. I asked the staff to notate on our confirmation number that we would not arrive until after 12am midnight. The staff mentioned that that would be no problem because they have 24 hour check in staff on duty & we had already secured our room with a credit card.

However, when we arrived at the hotel at 3AM the hotel had given our room away because we didn't check in by 2AM. I overheard we were not the only guests that were in this situation. Apparently they had given over 5 rooms away.

My understanding is that they have a 24 HOUR cancelation policy and that since they had a credit card on file they would charge it if we didn't show up. However, instead they gave our room away and disregarded our phone call about our late checkin.

THIS HOTEL IS NOT RELIABLE!!!!

Room Tip: MUST CHECK IN BY 3PM to secure your room.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Riverside, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

Restaurants close by (Outback). Close off of 40, so its easy to get to. Had fridge. Pet friendly. Rooms okay. Hot breakfast, free wi-fi.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Chattanooga, Tennessee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2011

When I arrived, check in was quick and easy. The hotel is located in a great area because it's close to the interstate and lots of great shopping and restaurants.

My room had some problems. When I walked in, it felt like a sauna. It was so incredibly humid. Wallpaper was peeling off it was so sticky. I turned the air way down which improved things for the rest of my stay. The shower curtain smelled mildewy and made the whole bathroom stink. I asked the front desk to replace it, and they did so promptly. One morning my smoke detector went off twice (LOUDLY) for no apparent reason. I agree with all the other posters that the towels are tiny and thin. The pillows are lumpy, too.

I disagree that the breakfast is not good. There was a great selection of cereals, muffins, bagels, toast, french toast, waffles, boiled eggs, fruit, yogurt, coffee, juice. I didn't visit the pool but it appeared clean and well maintained.

The hotel overall is okay but definitely needs some updating.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Virginia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2011

We recently spent 4 nights at the Baymont Inn on Campbell Lakes Dr. in a 1 BR suite. The bedroom had a door to separate it from the living area. There are a lot of hotels like this in the area. We chose this one because it seemed to be a little farther back from the horrible truck noise of Interstate 40.
Good: the bed was very comfortable and daily maid service was good.
Bad: 1. There is no heat outlet in the living area, so if someone is sleeping on the sleeper sofa in there in the winter, it is cold. There is a hole in the bedroom wall with a noisy exhaust fan which you can turn on and that supposedly draws air into the living area. Same problem in the summer I imagine with an extremely hot and uncomfortable
sleeping area.
2. No heat at all in bathroom
3. Thin, thin short bath towels. One for each of the 2 of us, though room sleeps 4.
4. Stained upholstery in living area
5. No table for eating in living area--very small micro-fridge
6. continental breakfast with mostly starchy foods. Apples and oranges only fruit. No bananas for dry cereal. No meat and only eggs were hard boiled. Very poor quality breakfast.
7. hot water seemed to be on a timer. 3 minutes in the shower and it suddenly turned ice cold. Front desk claimed no knowledge of a problem.
8. Living area needed some decorating. It was too sterile and unattractive. No window.
I would never stay there again and would certainly not stay in a Baymont Inn at any other location either for fear of same poor quality.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Aurora, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2010

This is the worst hotel Ive ever stayed in and paid more than $39.95 for. I should have gone anywhere else. There were holes in the walls, the tv was pathetic, the towels ( we were allowed only two) were extremely thin, the sheets uncomfortable, and i could complain more. After lodging my displeasure for almost two months with Baymont, they continue to reply the owner/ manager was going to handle and ive heard nothing. We will NOT stay in a Baymont again!

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hatfield, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

We paid $84 with our AAA discount. This hotel looks a bit aged. The staff was very nice and the breakfast was above average. We had a 2 queen bed room and it was a little cramped. The pool was just OK and could have used a cleaning. Overall, this was a good value.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Laurel, MS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2009

I stayed at the Baymont Inn and Suites Knoxville West in June 2009 while attending a convention in Knoxville. The "sponsor" hotel in downtown Knoxville was booked and close hotels were outrageously priced, so I looked for a place to stay on the way into Knoxville. Sooooo glad I found the Baymont. It was my first time with this chain, and it was a delightful find. I was given a reference from one of the frequent stay programs; I wanted an affordable place to stay that was easy to find and would allow me to travel to and from downtown Knoxville easily. I booked through the site, and upon arrival, the clerk at the front desk allowed me to use their business center to confirm my reservation through internet services to make sure the location was correct as there is another Baymont Inn and Suites in Knoxville - very friendly and helpful at front desk. I was pleasantly surprised when I arrived to find a spacious room with king bed, (non-smoking) fridge, microwave, coffeemaker and free high speed Internet. The staff was pleasant and cheerful and even called to check and see if my room was okay once I was inside after 10 minutes. The continental breakfast was plentiful, and if you can't find anything you enjoy from the cereals (hot and cold) make-your-own waffles, biscuits and sausage gravy, fruit and yogurt, bagels and cream cheese, pastries, fresh fruit and other sundries, there is a Cracker Barrel right next door that you can walk to, which is also handy at the end of the day if you want to eat and not drive into town. There is also a Wild Wings restaurant (guess their specialty!) that you can walk to if interested for lunch or dinner. Staff was very friendly and helpful and I saw them recommend this place to a traveler with young children when it was past 9 and the Cracker Barrel was closed. Housekeeping was great and amenities were replenished in the room each day. I had to leave very early in the morning for another meeting in another state, so I asked for receipt when leaving. I was told that their system updates at midnight, so receipts could not be printed until after update. I went back in after packing the car and got receipt. Late night staff was apologetic for delay and helpful in getting receipt once update was finished. Besides friendly check-in staff, I greatly enjoyed the comfortable bed and quiet atmosphere. Also close to gigantic shopping mecca - just turn left at end of driveway and take next left and you are on the Kingston Pike and the Turkey Creek shopping center goes on for blocks - department stores and specialty stores and restaurants right there! GREAT resource! Great deals and good shopping without getting lost in Knoxville! Found a great Aveda spa - Natural Alternatives - HIGHLY recommend for a spa (aaaahhhhh) day - plus they have five locations to work you in for a great service! I have another meeting in Lenoir City in August and I will definitely return to the Baymond Inn and Suites West!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
Thank RealG.R.I.T.S.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Knoxville
Staybridge Suites Knoxville-West
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Knoxville West
Hampton Inn & Suites Knoxville - Turkey Creek / Farragut
Comfort Suites Knoxville West-Farragut
Candlewood Suites Knoxville
Candlewood Suites Knoxville
#31 of 87 in Knoxville
Fairfield Inn & Suites Knoxville West

Been to Clarion Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!