“Clean, comfortable, and cozy - EXCELLENT!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville East
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Bristol, Tennessee
“Clean, comfortable, and cozy - EXCELLENT!”
Reviewed March 17, 2014

We stayed here during the weekend of March 15/16 with our Labrador. We chose this hotel because they allow pets and because of the location to an event we were attending. After reading some of the reviews I didn't have high hopes that we would consider returning t - but I was wrong. We really loved this hotel! It was clean, quiet, had comfortable beds, and the staff was very friendly and outgoing. Yes, there was torn/frayed wallpaper in our bathroom as some other reviewers have stated, but our room was clean so I was able to let the wallpaper go. The king size room was a perfect size for our 65 lb dog and two adults, and we didn’t feel overcrowded. If you're looking for a 4 star hotel then this isn't your place. If you're looking for a comfortable, clean, and convenient hotel that's located right off Interstate 40, then I would say look no more. One thing to consider is that this hotel is located on what I would call the outskirts of Knoxville, so it will be somewhat of a drive (15-30 minutes) to most of the shopping and malls in the area. We loved it though, and will most definitely return when in the area again.

Room Tip: Dogs aren't allowed in the lobby, and there are two side entrances for you to take them out for...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while traveling home from Hershey Pennsylvania to San Antonio, Texas. I booked a double Queen suite on Priceline for a low price. The staff had my key ready as soon as I walked in, and I was in my room minutes later. They have a large indoor pool and hot tub, a good breakfast and nice staff.

The suite I had was on the 3rd floor and had a walk through to another room for the sofa and television. I essentially had 2 rooms. The beds were very comfortable and soft. The showers were hot and there were Keurigs in the room :-) . The down part was that the doors between the two rooms would bang against the wall and this caused a neighbor below me to complain I was jumping around. I would remove the doors to prevent this in the future.

Nice hotel. Would I return. Yes. I was able to rest very well, and it was clean.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Michigan
Reviewed March 4, 2014

After reading the reviews of all of the La Quintas in the area, we drove out of our way for this one. It is in dire need of upgrading. The lampshades were frayed and the wallpaper was peeling. On the plus side, the bed was comfy. The room was clean, shower seemed newer and the brightest thing in the whole place was the shower curtain!
The gentleman at the desk was friendly, helpful and pleasant. The restaurant near the property (Puleos) was a bonus.
The hallway is long and dark, the room was bland and dark. The breakfast area was okay, however the yogurt variety was limited and not refrigerated, instead set on a bowl of ice. Nothing else was appealing. We stay at LaQuintas often because we travel with our small Yorkie.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairhope, Alabama, USA
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We choose La Quinta when traveling south in the winter as our stopover midway because they allow dogs for free. By far, this hotel is the best one we have chosen and we will definitely make it our regular stop going south and then back north. The hotel has inside entrance, is clean, an highly convenient off the Route 40 exit

The rooms were spacious with plenty of moving around room for two adults and two golden retrievers. The bed was very comfortable and everything was quite good.

It is a mid-price hotel so don't go looking for a Marriott type property. But it was an exellent place to stay and offers breakfast in the morning although we had fruit and breakfast bars in the car so we didn't eat there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I am a frequent La Quinta customer and I can write here that it was the best one I've ever tried. Even if this one is not recently renovated, it is still very clean and rooms are spacious. The indoor swimming pool is great: high ceiling with a lot of outdoor light coming in. The breakfast is great, cold and hot breakfast, very clean again and good! I had to have mine after 10am and they gave me extra time to help myself! The service also is great: from the check-in personnel to the cleaning and the one in charge of the breakfast area: very polite and very helpful. For all these reasons, I really enjoyed my stay there and will come back again if I ever come back to Knoxville, TN.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Having stayed at many La Quinta's this one did not seem to meet the standard that we have seen at most La Quinta's it needs some improvements and better lighting outside. It is a good place to stay with pets with plenty of room to walk a dog and the front desk gentleman was very accommodating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
devo4924
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at this property heading back to MI from FL. It is right off I40. We were traveling with 2 dogs and were given absolutely no hassle about them. It appeared that there were quite a few pets staying at the hotel. The front desk staff was very nice. I do not have four star expectations, but this property was a little run down. No ice machine on our floor. We did not have a closet (there was a funky wardrobe - not an issue for us, but other travelers might find off-putting); and some aspects of the room were in disrepair - for instance, the desk chair had a giant rip on the seat; parts of the wall had bits of plaster coming off. The room felt pretty dark and dingy but appeared clean overall. Beds were comfortable. Also, we were given a room with an adjoining door to the other room and the people there started banging on the door at our arrival. Not the hotel's fault, but didn't feel the most secure. If you are looking for a place to sleep with pets and don't want a hassle, this will do.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family