“Nice, Comfortable, and Quiet”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville East
Ranked #32 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
San Antonio, Texas
“Nice, Comfortable, and Quiet”
Reviewed March 16, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for one night while traveling home from Hershey Pennsylvania to San Antonio, Texas. I booked a double Queen suite on Priceline for a low price. The staff had my key ready as soon as I walked in, and I was in my room minutes later. They have a large indoor pool and hot tub, a good breakfast and nice staff.

The suite I had was on the 3rd floor and had a walk through to another room for the sofa and television. I essentially had 2 rooms. The beds were very comfortable and soft. The showers were hot and there were Keurigs in the room :-) . The down part was that the doors between the two rooms would bang against the wall and this caused a neighbor below me to complain I was jumping around. I would remove the doors to prevent this in the future.

Nice hotel. Would I return. Yes. I was able to rest very well, and it was clean.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Michigan
Reviewed March 4, 2014

After reading the reviews of all of the La Quintas in the area, we drove out of our way for this one. It is in dire need of upgrading. The lampshades were frayed and the wallpaper was peeling. On the plus side, the bed was comfy. The room was clean, shower seemed newer and the brightest thing in the whole place was the shower curtain!
The gentleman at the desk was friendly, helpful and pleasant. The restaurant near the property (Puleos) was a bonus.
The hallway is long and dark, the room was bland and dark. The breakfast area was okay, however the yogurt variety was limited and not refrigerated, instead set on a bowl of ice. Nothing else was appealing. We stay at LaQuintas often because we travel with our small Yorkie.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Fairhope, Alabama, USA
Reviewed March 1, 2014

We choose La Quinta when traveling south in the winter as our stopover midway because they allow dogs for free. By far, this hotel is the best one we have chosen and we will definitely make it our regular stop going south and then back north. The hotel has inside entrance, is clean, an highly convenient off the Route 40 exit

The rooms were spacious with plenty of moving around room for two adults and two golden retrievers. The bed was very comfortable and everything was quite good.

It is a mid-price hotel so don't go looking for a Marriott type property. But it was an exellent place to stay and offers breakfast in the morning although we had fruit and breakfast bars in the car so we didn't eat there.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Alpharetta, Georgia
Reviewed February 11, 2014

I am a frequent La Quinta customer and I can write here that it was the best one I've ever tried. Even if this one is not recently renovated, it is still very clean and rooms are spacious. The indoor swimming pool is great: high ceiling with a lot of outdoor light coming in. The breakfast is great, cold and hot breakfast, very clean again and good! I had to have mine after 10am and they gave me extra time to help myself! The service also is great: from the check-in personnel to the cleaning and the one in charge of the breakfast area: very polite and very helpful. For all these reasons, I really enjoyed my stay there and will come back again if I ever come back to Knoxville, TN.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Having stayed at many La Quinta's this one did not seem to meet the standard that we have seen at most La Quinta's it needs some improvements and better lighting outside. It is a good place to stay with pets with plenty of room to walk a dog and the front desk gentleman was very accommodating.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
devo4924
Reviewed December 30, 2013

We stayed at this property heading back to MI from FL. It is right off I40. We were traveling with 2 dogs and were given absolutely no hassle about them. It appeared that there were quite a few pets staying at the hotel. The front desk staff was very nice. I do not have four star expectations, but this property was a little run down. No ice machine on our floor. We did not have a closet (there was a funky wardrobe - not an issue for us, but other travelers might find off-putting); and some aspects of the room were in disrepair - for instance, the desk chair had a giant rip on the seat; parts of the wall had bits of plaster coming off. The room felt pretty dark and dingy but appeared clean overall. Beds were comfortable. Also, we were given a room with an adjoining door to the other room and the people there started banging on the door at our arrival. Not the hotel's fault, but didn't feel the most secure. If you are looking for a place to sleep with pets and don't want a hassle, this will do.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Earth
Reviewed December 28, 2013

We travel a great deal throughout the United States and abroad and, thus, we have a lot of experience staying in hotels. While La Quinta is not my favorite chain, we use it a lot when we travel with our pet as it is usually a decent cost effective alternative for a quick overnight stay. As in any franchise situation, quality varies considerably from one property to another and LQ has highs and lows in its franchise population.

Our stay at the LQ Strawberry Plains was one of the worst stays we have experienced in any hotel room anywhere. One reason for our choice of this property was that we wished to participate in a special promotion being offered with LQ partner United Airlines. The promotion required that you register your MileagePlus number with the front desk at check in to be eligible for a special bonus.

The young man who worked the front desk was totally unfamiliar with the LQ computer system and had no idea where to add the MileagePlus number in the reservation folio. After about 10 minutes of futile attempts, he shrugged and said he could not help. At that point, I decided to call the LQ Rewards Desk directly to see if they could walk him through the process. Check in took an unbearably long time for no good reason.

The next morning we woke early ready to get on the road. The shower and toilet in the room both backed up making it impossible to shower or use the toilet facilities. I went to the front desk to inform the Manager of our predicament and request another room so we could get on the road. The manager refused the request even though the hotel was not fully occupied and suggested that we use the common bathroom "which is just two doors down from where you are". That was a completely unacceptable solution to a problem which involved a fundamental deliverable of booking a hotel room.

In addition to the operating problems with the hotel staff and its systems, the room itself was in dire need of refurbishment. Huge swaths of wallpaper were peeling off the wall next to the heating unit, there were bare spots in the carpet, the cushions on the one chair in the room were filthy and the room had not even been properly vacuumed.

When I went to check out of the hotel, I again raised the lack of facilities with another front desk manager who apologized but refused to adjust even a portion of our overnight stay for the extreme inconvenience we experienced.

We will not return to this property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business