“Great location and clean room”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Knoxville East
Ranked #31 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Reviewed March 10, 2013

I found this Inn to be conveniently located to restaurants and gas stations, right off I-40. It was a short drive to the 640 by-pass,, which took me back to I-75 the next morning, The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definately stay here again if in the area. Before departing, I enjoyed the breakfast which is always included in the room rate, . I can't understand why people will pay more money for a room in a "BIG" name hotel. The inside entrance to the rooms is much more secure than outside access rooms. The free WIFI indoor pool, hot tub and exercise room are all a plus.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed March 10, 2013

The front desk people were very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. The cable was great and they have lots of channels available. The main problem we had was that we had donuts with us and we woke up to ants all over our room. Housekeeping came and took the donuts away but didn't do anything else to clear the ants because we were checking out that day. They should have relocated us to another room even for the couple of hours.

Room Tip: Make sure not to leave any food out.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank misst0272
Reviewed March 6, 2013

We have become LaQuinta fans on this trip south as we do our annual spring migration, due to their pet friendly attitude, convenient locations and very nice accommodations. This property was very clean and fresh looking, the bed was quite comfortable and they have a beautiful, large indoor swimming pool and hot tub. Our only complaint was the coldness of the water--too cold for us to get in past our knees. What a shame to not be able to enjoy such a lovely pool. The hot tub saved the day, but we would strongly suggest warming up the pool so guests can actually enjoy it. One nice touch was the addition of freshly made scrambled eggs, which were surprisingly good, at the breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

This was the first time I've stayed here but certainly not the last. First impression when you walk through the door is very good. Everything is clean and that is a big deal to me. I can live with worn but not dirty. My room was clean also and had everything I needed. It wasn't a huge room but adequate. The only reason I didn't give it a 5 on the room was the TV is mounted flat on the wall and doesn't swivel. If you are setting at the desk doing paperwork as I do every night, you can't see the TV. STAFF WAS GREAT.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Our second stay at Strawberry Plains was better than the first! We travel from Dayton, Ohio to Knoxville about once a year and LaQuinta is our favorite. Close to our favorite East Tennessee BBQ Spot, Buddy's, this LaQuinta is tops! We reserved a smoking room, or so we thought and arrived around midnight. There was no smoking room waiting, but the front desk clerk Jacob could tell I was not as happy as I could be. Without any hassle, he upgraded my already discounted room to a suite that was for smoking guests! Class act from a class company. This is exactly why we stay in LaQuinta's any time we can, especially in Knoxville. I will return as long as they are here!

Room Tip: You cannot go wrong!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 27, 2013

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Reviewed February 23, 2013

Wonderful choice for the Knoxville area, especially if you have a pet. Clean, good location, and all the extras. One thing they really have is a great staff! Jamie, the young lady on duty when we arrived, was personable, knew her job, and took care of changing our room when the assigned one was not available. She has the best smile and personality, and knows how to take care of the guests. I booked the same hotel for our return trip next week because of her!

Thanks, Jamie.

Room Tip: Second floor has an outdoor sundeck for smokers - you don't have to go downstairs and outside.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple