“Excellent BBQ Ribs.”

Sweet P's BBQ and Soul House
Ranked #25 of 1,231 Restaurants in Knoxville
Reviewed December 11, 2013

Went for lunch one winter afternoon. The place is the epitome of hidden dive/man cave. But don't let the outside fool you.

I had a 1/2 rack of BBQ ribs with potato salad and cole slaw. When I received my plate I was disappointed that the ribs weren't cut, anticipating a struggle to get at my meat. The ribs and meat were literally fork tender, requiring no effort. Ribs were prepared with a dry rub which had the right amount of heat although at times seemed a little salty. Nice color and bark to the ribs. Potato salad was nothing special, too much egg flavor for my taste. Cole slaw was vinegar based and good and crisp, not soggy. I did get to sample another's mac and cheese and wished I had ordered that instead of potato salad.

Others having pulled pork said it was excellent.

If you go in the winter, either dress warmly or sit close to the kitchen. Seating seems to be basically outdoor patio which is closed off during winter.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

I had the pulled chicken with mac and cheese and greens. Had large portion sizes. The mac and cheese was very cheesy which I like. Wanted to try the ribs but they ran out. Their thick sauce was really good. Was't crazy about the greens. It seemed like they weren't cooked long enough. My boyfriend had the brisket with cole slaw and greens and he said it was AWESOME!! I would like to go back during the warmer months and check out a band. I would go back.

Reviewed December 2, 2013

The place is pretty small but plenty of seating, it's set up cafeteria style so you order and then sit which was different. We enjoyed the food, the pulled pork was yummy, mac and cheese was amazing (I think they mix some BBQ sauce in which it? SO delicious!), and the BBQ burrito was unreal. I wouldn't go out of my way to come back here but would stop by if I was local!

Reviewed November 19, 2013

Pulled pork was really good, collard greens were good, everything else was forgettable. A Groupon brought me in for my first (and last) visit. And this place was featured on some food tv show? Kind of hard to believe with the kind of food we had tonight. It was so average and forgettable. Potato salad was served with an ice cream scoop and they looked like mashed potatoes...you know, white. Totally absent of mustard (taste). They also gave us an old cold cornbread fritter as an after thought. eek! Fritters can really really add some good flavors and textures if they're fresh and have some actual spices and flavors of which these had zilcho.

Also had some of that famous banana pudding...except it had no bananas. Ummm did somebody forget that banana pudding has bananas in it? Lastly had a piece of that chocolate chess pie. It had very little chocolate flavor and was gooey...like Karo syrup mushy. Sweet but with no chocolate flavor.

This place is HIGHLY forgettable and definitely NOT a go-to destination. It's in a fairly nice location being right on the lake, but unfortunately that's the best part of the entire restaurant.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

The ribs are out of this world delicious! The "thick" BBQ sauce is outstanding! The special (stuffed tenderloin) wasn't that special though. The mac 'n cheese was a bit dry, but good. Large portions, nice lakeside atmosphere. Bands in the summer time (we heard). We loved the ribs and sauce so much, we bought more 'to go' despite our tummies bulging! Highly recommended.