“Soooooey! This BBQ is Great!”

Sweet P's BBQ and Soul House
Ranked #24 of 1,179 Restaurants in Knoxville
Zephyrhills, Florida
“Soooooey! This BBQ is Great!”
Reviewed June 5, 2013

Wow! This is the best barbeque we have had to date! We tried the sauce but the meat didn't even need sauce because the rub was so good! The chopped pork and the ribs were great. You could cut the brisket with a fork. Will definitely be back.

Visited May 2013

Connecticut
“Incredible selection of great BBQ”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We sought this out as we had seen the restaurant featured on Man VS Food on television. This is the best BBQ we have eaten in a restaurant setting. It is a simple setup where you order and collect your meal, pay for the food, get your own soda and find a table. The staff is freindly and happy to offer advice to the first time customer. The "mac and cheese" and "green bean" sides were amazing as were the "greens and things", a mixture of collard greens, black eyed peas, celery, carrots and seasoning simmered for over three hours. For first timers I would recommend the sampler platter which my wife and I shared for lunch. We also purchased "mixed beans" and "slaw" to go which were both incredible.

• Visited June 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Eclectic BBQ Feast, Uber-Friendly Establishment, On the Water”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Out of hundreds of choices of delicious BBQ to be had in East TN, this one is The MUST-EAT-HERE destination. First of all, the location. On the water, at Willow Point Marina (where you can also rent boats). A GREAT stop for bikers because of the beautiful rides all around. Indoor and outdoor seating, very casual! Cafeteria-style ordering and seating. Rustic atmosphere features wood tables with themes (example: the ELVIS table). LIVE MUSIC on certain nights.

Second, the wonderful employees/mgt. These folks exemplify the warm and welcoming personality of east Tennesseans. It's as if you just walked in to a family reunion.

Third, their chalkboard menu features their range of soul-food dishes collected by a well-traveled, well-seasoned mgt. who has gathered up their favorite dishes from around the south (I imagine). GOTTA TRY the "Greens 'n Things"!!! Also, I LOVE the light sugar dusting they sprinkle on the meat. Ohhhhhh yummy. Also, really good BEER selections and homemade SWEET TEA.

Fourth, the prices are great. You won't break the bank to impress your sweetie.

• Visited May 2013
“Stick to the Q...and dessert!”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

The hubs and I ate dinner on a Friday night at Sweet P's; business was bustling and the crowd was friendly and folksy, although clearly, not all local. The playing field was level, if you will, all of us were there for the same thing: killer Q. He had brisket and proclaimed it, "Outstanding!", I had a pulled pork sandwich that could have easily been eaten without sauce: very moist and well flavored. Unfortunately, the sides were unimpressive. The Mac and cheese wasn't hot and was a bit grainy and the mixed beans were definitely undercooked. That being said, I didn't go there for the sides! I did save room for a slice of chocolate chess pie which was delicious and the perfect way to end a good meal.

Visited April 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
“Best banana pudding...ever.”
Reviewed April 28, 2013 via mobile

I stopped here as a detour on my way to Garlinburg. The BBQ was just okay- kind of dry to be honest. I ordered the sampler and they were out of brisket so they served chicken instead. The Mac & cheese and banana pudding were my favorite items on my plate. The thick bbq sauce was also very good.

• Visited April 2013