“Great lunch offerings” 4 of 5 bubbles

KABUKI FUSION SUSHI & GRILL
Ranked #190 of 1,159 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Families with children
Description: We offers Japanese Fusion Cuisine, hibachi food, dinning and takeout sushi, Open for lunch and dinner. With Kabuki you can set your mind at ease and enjoy your meal. Kabuki is a brand you can trust, as safeguarding your health and well-being has always been Kabuki's priority. We ensure a high standard of quality and safety in our food. The ingredients we use are constantly tested for safe consumption.
Kotzebue, Alaska
“Great lunch offerings”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2014

I opted for the "choose 3" sushi lunch special. I had the Philadelphia roll, the California roll (can you tell I love avocado?), and the seaweed salad. The lunch also comes with soup or salad and I opted for soup.

The soup and seaweed salad came out first. The seaweed salad was one of the best I've had. It was an extremely generous portion, and it was very flavorful. The soup was just a basic stock with some crispy noodles and a mushroom slice floating in it.

My sushi rolls were delicious. The presentation was a little hasty, but that didn't affect the taste. The rolls were very large, and I absolutely left feeling like I got my money's worth.

• Visited January 2014

Barrington, Illinois
“rating would have been higher.....but”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

I had been to Kabuki before and had a very good experience, the food was very good and the service as well. This last time, well, the food was still good but they were playing this awful punk, techno style music and very loud. When I go out for a meal, I like to relax, if music is playing it should project the atmosphere of the restaurant and be playing in the background, not blasting away. I believe this music was of the type the staff enjoyed, not really the type you would expect to hear at this restaurant, and it was not conducive to having a relaxing, enjoyable meal. I will go back, but before I decide to stay I will listen to hear what is playing and how loud before I decide to stay.

• Visited November 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank waterfox
Oliver Springs, Tennessee
“Good Sushi for the price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 25, 2013

This is a small place but has great sushi and isn't to expensive!!! They has specials often. The firecracker is the best of all!!!!

• Visited April 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank kmf0314
Alexandria, Virginia, United States
“Out of Towners”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

I'm originally from Knoxville and currently live in Alexandria, VA. We try to have sushi whenever possible, and we are aware of the difficulties chefs have when making this fare. My wife and I visited Kabuki for the first time on a Saturday afternoon during an off-peak time (2ish). We found the restaurant clean and the servers very friendly. The sushi was excellent! Fresh, Decorative, and Tasty!!! All the things you want with sushi. It is now one of our TOP restaurants in Knoxville. In addition, we usually spend at least $70 on sushi in the DC metropolitan area, and we were very pleased with our meal being under $50. I highly recommend Kabuki.

• Visited October 2013
Knoxville, Tennessee
“We REALLY loved our lunch at Kabuki.......”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

We were near Turkey Creek, and decided to try Kabuki for lunch... on Sunday. The interior is dark and stylish.....lots of black...with a mix of booths and tables. thee majority of the menu is either hibachi type meals (but no hibachi grills with chefs in big hats, thank goodness!) or sushi.

I decided on one of the few other items....Udon soup with shrimp tempura, plus a California roll on the side. The soup was pretty good...the broth a little bit bland, but the tempura more than made up for it.....3 big shrimp, a couple of sweet potato sticks, an onion ring, a big mushroom and a couple of other vegetables....served hot with a nice crunch tempura batter....some of the best tempura I have ever eaten. The California roll was very good.

My wife decided to have the 3 roll lunch sushi special. You get to order among a choice of rolls, or upgraded fancier rolls for an upcharge, or a couple of salads for your three choices. She picked an eel roll, a 3 nigiri combo, and a tuna salad. The tuna salad was the best thing.....a big portion of bites sized chunks of sushi grade raw tuna served over crunchy chunks of cucumber, with a spicy dressing, a little avocado garnish and fish eggs on top. It was absolutely wonderful. Her three nigiri and the tuna roll were also excellent.

This was a fun, interesting and delicious lunch. We will be returning to kabuki soon......

• Visited October 2013