“Great place for Holiday Parties”

Star of Knoxville Riverboat
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The Star of Knoxville Riverboat is an authentic 325-passenger sternwheel riverboat offering sightseeing, lunch, dinner, entertainment and moonlight cruises along the Tennessee River.
Reviewed December 10, 2008

Our Holiday Party was booked aboard the Star of Knoxville Riverboat, Since I had never been on the boat, but had heard many good things about it I was quite excited. It was so much more than I expected. The ticket office was warm and welcoming
and the food could not have been any better, the servers were on top of everything, and the entertainment was superb. I highly recommend anyone in the Knoxville area to take this cruise. I plan on returning to check the many things they offer during their regular season.

1  Thank ClintonChick

Reviewed April 9, 2008

I called to make a reservation for a dinner cruise, which took several tries due to being lost in the phone system.

I was finally able to make a reservation with Donna who simply asked for my credit card number and gave me a time to be at the boat.

The morning of the cruise, my husband got very sick. He has had cancer and radiation treatment, so sometimes he is not feeling well enough to go out. I called her that morning and told her we needed to cancel and get a refund to our card.

She was very rude as she proceeded to tell me how we cannot get our money back. It was booked and it was charged. I told her that she did not tell me that it was "non-refundable" when I made the reservation, or I doubt I would have made it. I also reminded her we had not taken the cruise nor ate their food.

She continued to get very mean and loud and I even asked her why she was treating me this way. I then asked for the name of the owner. She said loudly "we DON'T give out that information", but if you want to complain, I'll let her know!"

Since I was getting upset and not getting anywhere with this person, I told her I would just take it up with the credit card company. She then said "consider it CANCELLED." But, when I asked for a cancellation # she simplay said you don't need a cancellation number, my name is "Donna" . I then asked her how she was going to cancel my reservation if I had not even told her who I was! She said "I KNOW who you are"!

My guess is that if the owner realized how we were treated, he would be giving this young lady some schooling. And, you can be assured we will pass along this information about unnecessary treatment to others.

11  Thank Christianwebguru
Reviewed January 9, 2008

Bill and I met on Match.com and took this as our first date. We were to meet other people I worked with on Dec 21, but as things went they could not make it at the first cruise, we went anyway, this was a very light number of people cruise, we had total privacy and such great service out of our server, forgot her name but she was so sweet, gave us so much time to get to know each other in such a relaxed enviourment. The young men you had playing that night just set everything into place. We have not been apart since, he spent Christmas Eve with me and my family and has not left since. Thank you Star of Knoxville
Chris Gleason
All In One Automotive

Reviewed September 16, 2007

I emailed the Star of Knoxville regarding their Deluxe Dinner cruise for Thursday Sept 14, 2007. I asked them for details on their cruise including whether the cruise was already booked and how far they were from Gatliburg. They wrote back and didnt specify how far they were from Gatlinburg nor whether they were booked. The provided the site to make reservations.
My husband decided to go ahead and book this cruise for Thursday. We NEVER got an email confirmation of the cruise. When submitting our reservation, the site told us we would get an email if the cruise we selected was already booked. Well, we never got ANY emails.
So we left for our week long vacation to TN on Monday AM and took the riverboat company's phone # with us. We made several attempts to contact them while on vacation inTN. Finally, on Wed (the day before the cruise), we were able to speak with them & they informed us there was not enough interest in the Thursday cruise--it had been cancelled. They offered us to book the Friday cruise (this was not acceptable--since our whole vacation was already planned out).
When we returned home from our vacation there was a message on our machine from Wednesday (the day prior to the cruise) informing us that we needed to call them to cancel or reschedule our cruise. Kinda funny since they are the ones who cancelled the cruise (not us). I am kinda glad it got cancelled and we didnt actually go on this cruise. The poor handeling of this situation only makes me wonder what the actual cruise would have been like.

For anyone seeking a decent dinner cruise in the TN area--I highly recommend the Southern Belle out of Chattanooga instead.

8  Thank daisyferret1
Reviewed August 16, 2007

We opted for the Wednesday Night Murder Mystery Cruise....
What a concept -a "Murder Mystery" aboard a dinner cruise on a paddleboat down the Tennessee River.
We had had such anticipation and excitement of a wonderful evening enjoying a delicious dinner and fine entertainment...
It was neither exciting nor wonderful, and it certainly was not worth the money or the time. We spent an hour driving to get there and another hour driving back to our lodge. It turned out to be a few waitresses and a DJ improving (and not very well at that)... a very lame "man overboard" scenario in between serving beverages. Even the food was lame. What a disappointment! We do not recommend.

11  Thank Buttercream_7