“Dont waste your time”

Haunted Knoxville Ghost Tours
Ranked #8 of 14 Tours in Knoxville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Since 2010, Haunted Knoxville Ghost Tours has been spooking customers during investigation-based ghost tours. These tours have been features in SyFy Channels "Ghost Hunters" magazine recognizing the extent of Knoxville's Historical and Haunting past. Deemed the "Hidden Gem of Haunted America", these excursions are personally led by owner J. Adam Smith, who has been featured as an expert on Paranormal Paparazzi and has investigated paranormal activity for over a decade, taking tour-goers on educational, researched journeys to local haunts on public or private tours that, depending on the tour, traverse graveyards, Gay Street Bridge, and an old Confederate jail. Participants may reach out and connect with the spirits who committed a three-way homicide or the ghosts of hanged men at the actual locations of paranormal activity. These tours take guests on investigations with trained paranormal professionals to locations known for their traumatic histories. Another reason HKGT have been receiving the Nations attention is due to the fact participants are given real professional paranormal investigation tools to help encourage paranormal evidence and encourage team building. Why join a regular old tour when you can go on an ADVENTURE? Let Haunted Knoxville Ghost Tours be your destination for your next... Late Night Adventure...
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Wheelchair access
Knoxville, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Dont waste your time”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

First I should say that I DO believe in ghosts so this review isn't coming from a bitter skeptic. Rather its coming from someone who is bitter about being ripped off.

This is nothing more than a walking history tour of Knoxville. The tour does not even go inside a single building. The group just walks around the outside of a few buildings and one old cemetary.

Instead of going into some old scary buildings and getting the thrill of actually being inside a haunted building we spent most of our two hours listening to J-Adam ramble on about conspiracies and hypotheses. All the while reminding us several times that he is psychic and on three occasions he actually told us he was currently getting psychic feedback from a spirit.

At the end of the tour I was looking around at our group and everybody seemed very bored and very tired. We walked over two miles and I think everybody had sore feet.

Visited September 2013
9 Thank Evan616

Elida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Doesn't get any better than this!”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

This tour has been one of the best memories of my life. Have done two this year, and planning a third. There is not another tour like it anywhere.. J-Adam was the tour guide on both occasions. He puts his heart and soul into making these tours the best experience possible. He teaches the correct way to use the equipment in a real hands-on investigation, while sharing the history of the ground zeros, so you know why these spirits are hanging out. I recommend these tours to anyone one who loves the paranormal as I do, to the skeptics who just dont know what to think. Regardless, you will have a wonderful experience. He has many tours available.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Joan B
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Spooktacular!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013

I went on a Knox Ghost tour this past July, with J-Adam Smith as my tour guide. I was surprised at how interesting he kept the tour, by the knowledge he had of the tour sites, and the humor he used to keep our attention. Very friendly and personable. I also was excited to be able to use ghost hunting equipment, such as an EMF reader. I've never been on a ghost tour where I was able to get so involved.J-Adam also taught us how to get the best results with the equipment,and with taking photos and capturing concrete evidence. I would definitely take another tour with him. And would recommend him to anyone who is seeking a ghost tour where you most certainly will experience something spooky!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank 27Sunshine
Celina, Ohio, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience!!!!!”
Reviewed September 20, 2013

This is an experience we will never forget! J was amazing! He was very knowledgable about Knoxville. Had great equipment we used! Loved how he included my children! Even though we got caught in the rain, it was still an amazing experience with a great tour guide! Can't wait to go again! Thanks J for everything!!!!!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank ChristineBeck2013
Bluefield, Virginia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Amazing Experience.”
Reviewed June 24, 2013

This was one of the BEST things that my husband and I did on our honeymoon. J is a wonderful person, and is very knowledgeable about the city and it's history. The activity was even more then I had hoped for, and we are already booking another excursion with them, even though we live 4 hours away! I highly recommend if you are in the city to check this out!!

Visited June 2013