“The best tour bar none!”

Haunted Knoxville Ghost Tours
Ranked #7 of 14 Tours in Knoxville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Since 2010, Haunted Knoxville Ghost Tours has been spooking customers during investigation-based ghost tours. These tours have been features in SyFy Channels "Ghost Hunters" magazine recognizing the extent of Knoxville's Historical and Haunting past. Deemed the "Hidden Gem of Haunted America", these excursions are personally led by owner J. Adam Smith, who has been featured as an expert on Paranormal Paparazzi and has investigated paranormal activity for over a decade, taking tour-goers on educational, researched journeys to local haunts on public or private tours that, depending on the tour, traverse graveyards, Gay Street Bridge, and an old Confederate jail. Participants may reach out and connect with the spirits who committed a three-way homicide or the ghosts of hanged men at the actual locations of paranormal activity. These tours take guests on investigations with trained paranormal professionals to locations known for their traumatic histories. Another reason HKGT have been receiving the Nations attention is due to the fact participants are given real professional paranormal investigation tools to help encourage paranormal evidence and encourage team building. Why join a regular old tour when you can go on an ADVENTURE? Let Haunted Knoxville Ghost Tours be your destination for your next... Late Night Adventure...
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Activities for older children
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Wow what a great time! I live in Knoxville and took this tour last year. I didn't like the monotone tour guide at all, but I had company in town and they really wanted to go, so we decided to give it another try. Wow! What a difference! The guide was lively and entertaining and everyone in the group was having a great time. I am glad we decided to try it again this year and I recommend you give it a try too!

5  Thank rassiberri

Reviewed May 4, 2012

Recently we took the Haunted Knoxville Ghost Tour. I have never been into history, but the tour guide put a personal spin on peoples lives and re created a Knoxville of the past as we walked ghost hunting tools in hand and visited known sites of paranormal activity. It was amazing to watch the flash lights respond to questions from our group. Highly reccommened! The kids realy listened to the guide on how to use the equipment THEY provided and the lives of the people who lived and died there. They said there even more locations in the works for future tours.

4  Thank SherryLynn60
Reviewed April 22, 2012

Overall a waste of my money. I have been on ghost tours in south carolina, georgia and florida and felt a better sense of excitement. The leader of these tours seems to have a history of knoxville, but that is all. We did not see or feel any paranormal activity at all, while we were given so called tools to use in the investigation, we felt more like we were in a bad spoof of a ghost busters movie than anything else. Save your money and eat at one of the great restaurants instead, you money will be better spent.

7  Thank michael r
Reviewed March 20, 2012

This was the most unique ghost tour I have ever been on (a comment I heard from others in attendance as well), and I've been on tours in New Orleans, LA; Savannah, GA; and Charleston, SC. Putting actual investigation tools in our hands, teaching us about how to detect (and debunk) paranormal activity, and letting us be the investigators was so much more interesting than just "ghost stories." Stories of suspected hauntings and ghost sitings are fun... but this was exciting! We had a blast and have been telling everyone we know about the great experience.

5  Thank MCCM56
Reviewed March 17, 2012

Our tour of downtown Knoxville was great! We went to several haunted locations, learned interesting history of Knoxville, got to use emf equipment which was cool (each person was given one to use for the tour), got to take pictures one of which had a moving orb in it, met interesting people. We can't wait to go on another tour with the Haunted Knoxvile Ghost Tours!

3  Thank bigmama156