“Not horrible but not Great”

Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark
Ranked #52 of 87 Hotels in Knoxville
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Not horrible but not Great”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was way in the back in room 131. It's a loud room as I hear every time someone comes in the door or opens the door to the waterpark. I can't imagine being here when it's full of kids. The room and bedding was clean. A major plus. I can live with a little noise. The tub however had a very slow drain. So much to the point I was standing in ankle deep water. I loathe that! Wifi was not real good. It was weak and I kept getting kicked off. I usually tell the staff at the front desk if they ask but was just given the receipt and told to have a nice day. I stayed 2 days but I don't like housekeeping coming in my room once I'm there. One thing I did notice is the water temperature is sporatic as others have noticed. I got scalded a couple of times. Very weird. I'd stay here again...I think but not in the summer when the waterpark is full.

Room Tip: Stay away from room 131 or room near the entrance/exit. Very loud.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Ashley M W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Thank you Bob for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. On behalf of myself and the staff we sincerly apologize about the fluctuating water temperatures, slow internet and the noise. I spoke to the agent that checked you out Thursday and she also apologizes for not taking the time to inquire about your stay. We are striving to provide excellence service to each and every guest. We are very pleased that you are willingly to give us the opportunity to provide you with accomodations in the future. The issues you encountered have been addressed and again thank you for taking the time to bring them to our attention.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Arabic first
Encinitas, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2013

Rooms were cramped and aged. Was upgraded to the single suite they have. While it was more roomy is was very poorly cleaned, showers were disgusting. Breakfast was sub-standard. While the kids liked the pool the water park area was way to cold to use, was not heated as advertised. Maybe good in the summer, but do not expect much when its cold. I stay at choice hotel properties over 30 times a year and this one was a huge let down.

Room Tip: If you are looking for a place with an indoor pool go for Hoilday inn express in Strawberry Plains i...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank alyvenwell
Ashley M W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff, I am so sorry about your experience! We strive to provide the best service possible and I am sincerely sorry that was not your experience here. It is important to me that people know we take hospitality seriously also we are focused on making each and every stay a perfect stay . We also appreciate you taking the time to provide us your feedback. We hope that if you are in the Knoxville area in the future we may have the opportunity to earn your business again. We also wanted to thank you for your patronage.
Williamsburg, Kentucky, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2013

This was my family's second visit to the Quality Inn. Our boys love the pool and kiddie area. The pool water was warmer this trip, which we all loved! This hotel is a great value and is great for families. We look forward to going back soon.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Heather102680
Ashley M W, General Manager at Quality Inn & Suites West Waterpark, responded to this review, February 26, 2013
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2013

We stayed here one night with our sons baseball team. Room was clean and modern. Beds comfortable. This is a great place for families with children they have an indoor pool, huge hot tub and an awsome kids water play area with slides and waterfalls. I don't think kids under 10 would even want to leave the motel to do anything except play in the indoor waterpark all day. There are several rooms where the front of the room faces the pools and you can watch your kids out the window (if there old enough to be alone). You can tell this is an older motel that has been renovated and enclosed to make the indoor water park but they did a great job with it. A new facility like it would cost you twice as much. Our rate in February was $69 night.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for allowing us the opportunity to provide you lodging and thank you so much for the kind words and taking the time to post your experience! Every one of us here loves our job because we get the chance to serve guests in a great environment. You were one of those guests that makes it an even bigger joy. Thank you for choosing our hotel and hopefully we will get the chance again, someday, to be your home away from home when you are in the Knoxville area.