Tripadvisor
Knoxville
Post
Inbox
Search
All reviews bagels rooms are small lobby area exercise room staff was friendly excellent hotel nice stay business trip first floor hangers tiffany cleanliness highway furnishings amenities key property
Selected filters
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

There are things to like about Hilton's new Tru brand. It's simple, clean, and workable. The price seems to be right. I'm a Hampton / Home2 fan, and tried this new Tru property for the first time.

However, this is the loudest hotel I've ever experienced. I can hear every footstep from upstairs on the vinyl floor. I can hear every word from the people outside and three floors down. I can hear both children and their parents talking next door, and the two men in the room on the other side. I can hear the kids playing in the hall at 10 PM. Tru is like staying in that cabin at summer camp.

Design and construction decisions were made in builiding this hotel that will never be corrected. It will always be loud. Consider yourself warned.

Room tip: Choose a room at another hotel.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
TruKnoxvilleGM, General Manager at Tru By Hilton Knoxville North I 75, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Joseph58,

Thank you for your review. I'm sorry that you were disturbed by the guests around you. If you are having an issue, I would encourage you to reach out to a staff member for assistance. We take noise complaints very seriously and have staff available 24/7 that can help facilitate matters if you are experiencing a disturbance. If I can be of further assistance, or you would like to speak to me more about your stay, I would encourage you to reach out to me at 865-862-9862.

Scott Shelton
Tru by Hilton Knoxville North

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Good stay...only issue was early morning train (whistle). Breakfast was sufficient and did I mention the staff were really friendly and helpful. Check in was fast and efficient. Nice indoor pool and exercise room was an added bonus for the price...will come back when I’ stopping in Knoxville again.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

We checked in at 2 am and Heather was so amazing. The hotel is clean and the room had no carpet which was wonderful. Definitely planning on staying here again in the future. My new favorite hotel when I travel.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2020

Hotel was extremely clean and new!! Couldn’t have had better service for the one night we stayed and hotel beds were also very comfortable. Close to I-75 and will definitely be staying here again if we will be driving through Tennessee.

Reviewed January 2, 2020

When we arrived (aprox 8-9pm), Tiffany was there and greeted me with a smile and informed me of the food offered in the morning, and amenities. We were VERY disappointed with room due to its size and lack of furniture we are used to seeing with other Hilton brands. I understand this is a minimalist hotel, but the lack of any counter space, closet, and the inability to spin the one chair around (Because the foot of the bed was very close to the small desk).

The next morning, we observed the shower having hair from the prior occupants, and none of the soaps/shampoos were replenished. Luckily we brought our own and was able to still shower. I opened the door to see the housekeeping staff was across in the other room sitting on the bench under the TV checking her phone. I asked her a question, and when she rose to approach me, I asked if I can get supplies but my wife was in the shower. She responded "No speak English" and smiled. I motioned to her needing shampoo (massaging my hair), then she proceeded down the hall to another housekeeping staff where the bottles were handed to me. I assumed they were going to replace it, but they just handed it to me. When I attempted to remove the old bottle, I discovered mold/mildew throughout the inside part of the shampoo, but installation was a snap and we were able to still shower the children.

The sleeping arrangements were not satisfying. In other hilton brands, I am used to a top cover, blanket, and sheet. The bedding we had on our bed I mistakenly thought was a bed skirt because of how thin the material was. The room was temperature controlled, but the bedding was not what we expected. Most hotel rooms should have some safe to keep valuables, but we didn't find any and didn't feel comfortable leaving valuables in the room when we were not, so we had to keep the dnd sign on the door knob and TV on while we were out.

I have way more to say about this, but there is a character limit! But, Hilton received all my feedback in the survey!

Date of stay: December 2019
Review collected in partnership with Tru by Hilton
TruKnoxvilleGM, General Manager at Tru By Hilton Knoxville North I 75, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2020

Dear ItsReallyKevin,

Thank you for your review. Please rest assured that I did receive your full feedback in the survey that you completed about your stay with us. I was very dismayed to hear about your experience at my hotel and apologize for our failures across all departments. Please be assured that, while I do not detail my actions here, I have addressed each of your concerns with individual employees, each department and with my supervisors. As a manager, I am always available to speak to my guest’s about their stay. I would encourage you that if you ever are having such a negative experience with a stay, please reach out and speak with the manager before it gets to this point. Guest satisfaction is always my first priority and I once again apologize that we failed you in such a fashion.

Joseph Scott Shelton