“Good food, good beer”

Ranked #83 of 1,198 Restaurants in Knoxville
Cuisines: American, Italian, Brew Pub
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Serve Simple Foods Whatever the specific restaurant concept, the ability to create menu items in a consistently excellent manner is directly related to ease of production and simplicity of presentation. Consistency at a high level is always more important than innovation. Use The Finest quality Ingredients There is no more essential factor in a successful menu program than the quality of ingredients used in food preparation. Starting with the best is the only possible way to end up with the best. Keep The Environment Clean, Organized and In Proper Working Order Concern for the guest means being attentive to all environmental details from maintenance of the physical plant to the personal grooming of each individual employee. Cleanliness and order are the keys to building guest confidence in the establishment. Make Memorable Moments It is the perfecting of all the little details in a restaurant that makes the guest's dining experience a memorable one. With every action, the appropriate question is: does this act show a commitment to excellence and respect for the patronage of the guest? Work As a Team Ease, efficiency and enjoyment of the restaurant experience, for both employees and guests, is directly related to the level of respect, support and cooperation among the staff. Any restaurant guest is everybody's guest; any restaurant responsibility is everybody's responsibility.
Reviewed June 26, 2013

We stopped at this place for a quick lunch and felt lucky! They have limited menu but whatever we ordered was good. Great wings, good pizza. We liked IPA and BB Ale. Great staff, great service!

There are newer reviews for Smoky Mountain Brewery

Reviewed June 25, 2013

I came here on a military trip with 12 people. The first night we ate here we realized we had found a good thing. I had the chicken wings and did the beer sampler. Roughly nine 5 ounce glasses of different craft beers for about 8 bucks. I love wings and these are some of the best I've ever had. Of the 13 or so nights we were in Tennessee, we came back here for about 10 of them. I nearly are my son's weight in chicken wings...not an exaggeration. He's six. Good place to hang out with friends and relax for a while.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

Go here for the beers with food being a second thought. It wasn't bad food, just mediocre. Service was OK, price was average but probably not on our return list as there are many options.

Reviewed June 11, 2013

As another reviewer indicated, I too found the menu to be limited. Or maybe I was also being picky but nothing seemed to be what I wanted either. I settled for a 12" sausage pizza and a large Brown Bear Ale.

The pizza was OK. The crust was unexceptional. The Italian sausage was flavorful. Overall it was a bit greasy (I know, it was sausage) but tasted pretty good - especially with some crushed red pepper and oregano/Italian seasoning sprinkled on top. It was plenty of food. I couldn't eat it all. I probably should have ordered the 8".

They had several beer choices. I wanted their pale ale but they were out of it. I got their Brown Bear Ale instead. I should have paid closer attention to the description. I guess it was supposed to be an English style session ale. It was "lightly carbonated" (flat!?) and had a sweet malty finish. I found it too sweet to be very enjoyable, but I like my ales with more hops (along the lines of Sierra Nevada Pale Ale ) or much less sweet/more bitter like Guinness Stout. ymmv.

Also, this happened to be a Monday night and was "Trivia Night". If you enjoy listening to a game announcer broadcasted VERY loudly while you eat, then this is the spot for you!

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I enjoyed the theme and look of the restaurant, but the menu was pretty limited...bbq, burgers, etc. Maybe I was just being picky, but I just didn't find what I was looking for on our visit.