“Delightful food!”

Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
“Delightful food!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013 via mobile

We had dinner at CG. My husband had the smoked turkey, avocado, tomato chutney on multigrain bread with a side of fruit and thoroughly enjoyed it. He's not a "sandwich guy" so I was concerned that he wouldn't be happy; I couldn't have been more wrong! I had the Italian sandwich with pepperoni and cheese and olives with a side of pasta salad (some of the best I've ever had). Delicious. We finished the meal with a dish of chocolate gelato and a dish of peach-raspberry sorbet. Really, if I could afford it, I'd eat there every night! And their menu is varied enough to keep me interested!

Visited April 2013

“Good gelato, nicer staff”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Enough has been said about the gelato in previous reviews- It taste good and is a welcome treat on a hot day. I wanted to add a few tips that might be helpful.

Tip 1- Nice, clean restroom in the back of the restaurant. Technically for customer’s only, but they seem pretty laid back and friendly.

Tip 2- This place actually has a small but very pleasant deck out back and along the side for outdoor seating when the weather is nice. There are tables and chairs out front for sure, but for something more private look out back or along the side of the building.

• Visited April 2013
TN
“good but pricey”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

The gelato is fresh, authentic and very good with a great selection. Always a good stop for a light desert after a show or dinner downtown

• Visited December 2012
Jackson, Tennessee
“The gelato..... Omg.”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

This little place is fantastic. Cute inside. Service was very good. The woman behind the counter was working her first day and was super friendly. I sampled the birthday cake, and chocolate , and ordered the peanut butter and chocolate. All three were wonderful. The chocolate sorbeto was dark and rich and a little better and just beautiful. The birthday cake was exactly like the name and the peanut better and chocolate tasted just like its name .it was creamy and wonderful. My husband got a piece of the Lemocello and was a little disappointed. I thought it was okay. My husband loves the Lemocello from Cheesecake factory and this didn't have as much strong flavor and the lady fingers tasted a little old. Overall, wonderful place. They have beautiful sandwiches and quiches. I will return here when I come back to Knoxville

Maryville, Tennessee
“Great food”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

The food is amazing but they are usually very busy and the service isn't that friendly. The last time I was there, I ordered something off the menu and the man behind the counter was very gruff with me when he told me they were out of it. I then felt very rushed to order something else. The food was great, but rude staff might convince me to stop at the other great eateries downtown.

Visited June 2012