“So yummy we stopped by again on our way out of town!”
Review of Coolato Gelato

Coolato Gelato
Ranked #2 of 45 Dessert in Knoxville
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed August 16, 2012

We went to Coolato Gelato for dessert after having dinner and seeing a movie just up the block. We have been to Italy several times and are huge gelato fans and I have to say this is the best gelato we have had in the US.

The atmosphere is cozy and fun and there is indoor and outdoor seating with fresh herbs in planters all around the patio and local musicians playing on Saturday night. The owner came out and talked to us and told us how he and his wife had gone to Italy to learn how to make gelato and buy all of their equipment. He said when they create new recipes they get guidance from their Italian mentors. The proof is in the gelato!

Our family of four tried two flavors each and loved it so much that we stopped by after lunch the next day before heading home. We were bummed that we didn't think to just have lunch there as they offer some delicious looking paninis and cold, European style sandwiches and other pastries.

If we are ever in Knoxville again, Coolato Gelato will be on our list!

Reviewed August 11, 2012

I've traveled all over the world, and the gelato here is some of the best I've ever had. Plus, the panini selection (not to mention the other selection of treats) is outstanding! And the owner and staff could not be friendlier.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

After retuning from Italy, we were excited to know we had our own gelato in Knoxville that is just as good as gelato in Italy!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

The service was great and the gelato had different flavors I had never heard of but they were delicious

Reviewed July 19, 2012

The gelato is worth the slightly steeper-than-usual-ice-cream price. I recommend the medium size-- gelato is really dense so a large ends up being soooo much! But a small one leaves me wishing for more.

I've had the food and don't find it to be particularly great. The price and quality of the food do not match.

Can't comment on the espresso/coffee.

Been to Coolato Gelato? Share your experiences!